The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Another new guy

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2010, 07:20 AM

Another new guy

I just picked up a 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Town Sedan about a week ago and found this forum while looking for information. I've always been an Olds guy and have been wanting to get another one for a long time and finally found one. It needs a lot of work but that's what I was looking for. Something I could work on and hopefully drive while I do.

The car was originally purchased by an old lady and later passed on to her son when she passed away. By the paperwork I got with the car it was owned by the two of them until at least 2001! It appears to be original but has been painted once (not a very good job). I posted some pictures of it because I know how much everyone likes pictures!

I look forward to any help I can get here and hopefully I can be of some help also.
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:37 AM

Welcome to the Club! Glad you found us, and glad you found your Olds. Have fun doing it!
Old September 1st, 2010, 09:03 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO.
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM

Talking Welcome to CO

You have found the greatest place for help and information. Bunch of nice guys and one gal (Cha Cha Teepo)
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by 67townsedan
I just picked up a 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Town Sedan about a week ago and found this forum while looking for information. I've always been an Olds guy and have been wanting to get another one for a long time and finally found one. It needs a lot of work but that's what I was looking for. Something I could work on and hopefully drive while I do.

The car was originally purchased by an old lady and later passed on to her son when she passed away. By the paperwork I got with the car it was owned by the two of them until at least 2001! It appears to be original but has been painted once (not a very good job). I posted some pictures of it because I know how much everyone likes pictures!

I look forward to any help I can get here and hopefully I can be of some help also.
Hey 67 TownSedan, welcome to the forum. I live in Franklin, TN and work in Nashville. A friend of mine and I were actually going to look at that car, but never made it down to take a look. Looks like a great find. Just wanted to let you know that we have a local Olds Club, the Music City Rockets Olds club and we would love to talk to you about our club and have you join our group. Our meetings are ususally held in Hendersonville, the second Saturday of the month if we are not on a club road trip or something. Check out our website, www.musiccityrockets.com or you can e-mail me directly at owena@comcast.net. I have a 64 F-85 Deluxe Sedan myself. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:06 PM

That's funny you should mention the Music City Rockets...I just joined the OCA and actually printed the membership form for the Rockets. I guess I need to mail it in now.

Anyway, it took me a couple weeks to get down to look at it but I finally did. I was worried about it on the ride home with the badly dry rotted tires but it made it.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by 67townsedan
That's funny you should mention the Music City Rockets...I just joined the OCA and actually printed the membership form for the Rockets. I guess I need to mail it in now.

Anyway, it took me a couple weeks to get down to look at it but I finally did. I was worried about it on the ride home with the badly dry rotted tires but it made it.
That's great. I will watch for it in the mail. We will be glad to have you join us. Look forward to seeing that car in person. We will get you on our mailing list just as soon as I get your application.

Alan