The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

86 cutlass supreme brougham

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2017, 09:29 PM

86 cutlass supreme brougham

Been looking on the web for quite a while have come acrss this site a few times and finally decided to make a profile and post something. I have a 1986 cutlass supreme brougham in not so good condition. Picked up the big girl about 2 almost 3 years back and have been waiting to get out of college to start the build. I already have a motor and trans so thats not my problem. My problem is interior and body panels. Looking for any recommendations on sites or good companys to where i can find some original or like original seats carpet dash speedo and door panels. The interior of this car is in ungodly awful shape. As far as body the front driver fender is pressed in which isnt a huge deal i can pick that up at the junk yard no problem. My problem with the body is grill inserts and window trims. I hope you guys can help me out and if not oh well not a huge deal. Thanks guys and its great to talk to you!
Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:51 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site. Post a list in the Parts Wanted Classified section with your location.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 03:36 AM

Welcome. For OE interior parts you can buy fabric from SMS and have an interior shop make a new set of seat covers. PRICEY! If you just want good quality seat covers you can buy aftermarket ones from Kanter or other suppliers.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 04:55 AM

If i had the original seats to do so i would do that in a heart beat. Sadly i have random buckets for the front 2 seats.. but thanks!
Old August 2nd, 2017, 09:01 AM

If your car has buckets out of an unknown vehicle get a set of aftermarket covers, The covers are based on seat design. Here's a supplier:

http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/
Old August 2nd, 2017, 05:08 PM
Olds Fever

Originally Posted by Justus Andrew Ponting
I have a 1986 cutlass supreme brougham in not so good condition. . The interior of this car is in ungodly awful shape. My problem with the body is grill inserts and window trims.
Welcome to the group... Where are you located??? Bucket or bench seat interior??? I have a lot of interior parts, but shipping can be an issue... Do you want year specific grilles or will other years/styles be acceptable??? I have a used set of 1984 grilles and I also have NOS grilles for several different years as well as some window trim, especially the window sweeps which usually become brittle and crack...