The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

68 Delmont 88 help

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2020, 05:14 PM

68 Delmont 88 help

Hello Everyone, brand spanking new to this forum and desperately need help. I have recently acquired a 68 delmont 88 2dr hardtop (350) and am struggling to find parts. I have a couple of questions. Is there any known site that sells parts specifically interior parts (door panels, package tray etc)?.. second; what is the Delmont 88 close to i.e. are the door panels the same as a delta 88, cutlas etc.?.. Any help would be extremely appreciated
Old April 14th, 2020, 05:54 PM

Welcome to the Oldsmobile family and congrats on the new (to you) car. Delmonts are great cars and don't get the love they deserve.

Unfortunately, nobody reproduces interior parts specifically for 60's full-size (B/C Body) Oldsmobiles. The Delmont was the entry level full-size Olds for '67 and '68. It is essentially a dressed-down Delta 88. For the interior, the patterns and styling would differ but the basic fitment between a Delmont and Delta 88 generally should be the same. Same for engine and drivetrain. You might be able to utilize some B Body Impala or Pontiac parts but it is hit or miss. I have found that things like package trays, arm rests, window cranks, have some commonality and will usually interchange between GM divisions of the era but obviously things like the dash parts and console would not. Upholstery and interior soft parts (door cards, carpeting, etc) might interchange. Working on these cars is a labor of love and very rewarding - can't just open a catalog and your checkbook and make it happen. There are parts can be found out there - just takes patience, perseverance, and luck. Great folks here at CO can help you on your journey.

Last edited by 67 D88Custom; April 14th, 2020 at 06:22 PM.
Old April 14th, 2020, 06:01 PM

Thank you, "D88Custom" I really appreciate that info! ... This is my first Olds that i am taking on and yes i have been extremely spoiled with being able to open a catalog and order just about any part that i want for the usual classic mustang, camaro, chevelle, etc. However it will be an fun process and i will start posting pictures of the journey soon.
Old April 14th, 2020, 06:25 PM

Look forward to your pictures. By the way, there is a thread specifically dedicated to the 61-70 Full size cars here on CO. It is on the General Discussion Board - go there and you will find a sticky for it on the first page. The Darksiders.
Old April 15th, 2020, 05:46 AM
Old(s) Fart

Welcome. As noted, the Olds full size cars are not popular to restore and thus are not well supported by the aftermarket and repro companies. About the only place to get interior panels redone is SMS Auto Interiors, and while they are expensive, they are at least excruciatingly slow. They have had the interior panels for my 67 Delta since Jan 2019, with continual promise dates, excuses, and revised promise dates. Oh, and I had to pay them the full amount in advance. Still no word on delivery, and I expect the current excuse will be virus-related, so I haven't even bothered to ask. Unfortunately, they are a monopoly. Good luck.
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:03 AM

Welcome. Make sure you check out Kanter and Fusick:

https://www.kanter.com/index.aspx

https://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:13 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Olds64
Welcome. Make sure you check out Kanter and Fusick:

https://www.kanter.com/index.aspx

https://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/
Neither of whom carry any interior panels for these cars.
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:42 AM

Pages 74-76 of the Kanter catalog have "interior parts" the OP might find useful.
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:45 AM
Old(s) Fart

Yeah, those are the custom panels from what used to be LeBaron Nonney. That company when bankrupt last year and the assets were bought by SMS. They are custom, not specific, and require work to adapt. I looked into these for my 62 wagon.
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:55 AM

Another good supplier is Automotive Interiors:

https://www.automotiveinteriors.com/

There are other suppliers of parts I won't even mention only because of their poor reputation I've read about on our site.
Old April 27th, 2020, 09:44 PM

Good luck finding interior parts you need. Nothing out there for our cars unfortunately but occasionally you find stuff. What parts aside from door panels do you seek?
Old May 12th, 2020, 12:56 PM

Good afternoon.
I've got black door panels from a 68 Delmont convertible, crank windows.
I've got some other stuff as well.
I'm bad with technology, but if you send me a PM I can forward you my cell number.
Email address is genmar2@aol.com.
Joe