The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

67w30 Chiming in from Jersey!!

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2010, 05:33 AM

67w30 Chiming in from Jersey!!

I have been floating around this site for the last couple months, Great Place You Have HERE!!! I have already got great feedback from people who 'know' and also traded some parts here!!! I haven't made many posts but this is a Oldsmobile Forum I wanna be a part of!!
I am currently working on a car I've owned since High School. Is a 67 Cutlass Supreme thats helping me make my dreams reality!! To make it short, 400'E' block Fuel Injection Bowtie Overdrives 200-4r 9in Rear 4wheel Disc Brakes Full Global West Treatment Every Line (fuel and brake) is now stainless Electric Fuel Pump in the Tank Reconditioned Interior and All The 67 W-30 Parts (red inner fender wells, w30 air cleaner, Ducts by Curtis Anderson, battery in trunk (not yet), Modified UHV Ignition disguised MSD Ignition) Alot of work here!!
I posted some pics in my gallery!!!
Old October 21st, 2010, 05:37 AM

Nice ride, have you run the engine with the fuel injection yet. I have been looking at the different types myself and am still undecided.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:19 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO!
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by 67w30
I have been floating around this site for the last couple months, Great Place You Have HERE!!! I have already got great feedback from people who 'know' and also traded some parts here!!! I haven't made many posts but this is a Oldsmobile Forum I wanna be a part of!!
I am currently working on a car I've owned since High School. Is a 67 Cutlass Supreme thats helping me make my dreams reality!! To make it short, 400'E' block Fuel Injection Bowtie Overdrives 200-4r 9in Rear 4wheel Disc Brakes Full Global West Treatment Every Line (fuel and brake) is now stainless Electric Fuel Pump in the Tank Reconditioned Interior and All The 67 W-30 Parts (red inner fender wells, w30 air cleaner, Ducts by Curtis Anderson, battery in trunk (not yet), Modified UHV Ignition disguised MSD Ignition) Alot of work here!!
I posted some pics in my gallery!!!
Welcome Little Ken!!! Post more pix!!
T.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:31 AM

hello ,

welcome to the forum .
Old October 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Nice ride, have you run the engine with the fuel injection yet. I have been looking at the different types myself and am still undecided.
Its a Holley Commander 950 TBI 670CFM. Its been a great so far but takes some time to figure out the tuning!! Little Curve. I have had the EFI on it long time now, put bout 2,000 miles on it. I wanna upgrade to Holley's new Self-Programing unit but I just don't have the cash right now. Put the 200-4r and all the other goodies in it the last couple of years.

Thanks Everyone for the Welcome!!! Good News is the car is only small items from running! I have had this car apart for the last couple years getting everything right. It all started when I lost first gear in the TH400. This led to the 200-4r, then to the 9in rear, then to the brakes, then to all the OAI W-30 items I have collected to install, to the fuel pump in the tank, to the stainless lines, to the 4 wheel discs, then to the global west goodies, etc.

Tweed!!!
I can post pics of anything you wanna see!!! I've Got Lots!!!
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
car guy

Welcome to the site. I really like what I see so far. I am pretty partial to 66/67 body style so I am a little biased.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
"me somebody" site member

Smile

Ken, you've got a great car, saw it with the W30 components for the first time (I think) earlier this year when I bought those chambered pipes for my '67. Like the suspension mods you did on it as well, though I'll probably keep the factory "stance" on mine.

By the way, do you know if there is a top cover/lid that closely resembles the correct one on a '67 W30 shroud?
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick
Ken, you've got a great car, saw it with the W30 components for the first time (I think) earlier this year when I bought those chambered pipes for my '67. Like the suspension mods you did on it as well, though I'll probably keep the factory "stance" on mine.

By the way, do you know if there is a top cover/lid that closely resembles the correct one on a '67 W30 shroud?
Hey Alien -
The closest "replacement" lid for a 67 442 shroud is from Year One - a 14" open element Chevelle top. It fits the shroud although the contour is not the same. But it will work if you dont have a correct one. So go ahead and buy that "lidless" one on eBay and get the "substitute" chevy top and go crusin!!! LOL
Old October 23rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
"me somebody" site member

Yep, I was looking at that Ebay piece. I'm tempted on that one, but then I've been tempted before. Will have to see how that one goes. I do appreciate the advice re: the lid.
Old October 24th, 2010, 06:07 PM

Posted a couple more pics of the car, couple when it was a complete car!! I have small things to do to get her running! Trans Temp Gauge, Lock-up Converter Wiring, Fuel Pump Wiring, Fuel Lines Connected, and fill fluids.
Easy Things! Maybe next weekend we will here her run!!!

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Welcome to the site. I really like what I see so far. I am pretty partial to 66/67 body style so I am a little biased.
I could not believe the work you did on your 66!! I saw it on ebay and just couldn't get the money to buy it!!! What a really nice car!!! What craftsmanship and engineering!!!
66-67 Love!!! I always wanted a 69, since I was 2 my father had/has a 69 442 W-30 original and I loved it so much I never let him sell it!!! Had a 71 Supreme Convert in Highschool that someone hit me right in the right door post. Destroyed the car!! But found this 67 in college and my father loaned me the money to buy! since then built it 3 times, each time w/ the money I had, each time better!! This time I got out of control but I feel it will be worth it!!

Thanks for Welcomes and Comments!!! Check out the pictures!!!