The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

394 Holiday Dynamic engine mounts

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2011, 05:52 PM

394 Holiday Dynamic engine mounts

I need engine mounts really bad and cant find any. Are there any interchange cars that have the same mounts?
Old March 10th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. We have quite a few members that will be able to help you out.
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:55 PM

I must be confused because it looks like theres a right and a left side. maybe a crossmember support bushing?
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:39 PM

FRONT MOTOR MOUNT OR RIGHT AND LEFT TRANSMISSION MOUNTS ?
TRANSMISSION MOUNTS ARE PART #s A2216 AND A2217 .

THIS IS THE PLACE I BOUGHT MINE MAC AUTO PARTS PH# 914-939-0303 ABOUT $50.00 FOR BOTH INC FREIGHT. HOPE THIS HELPS.
TOM
Old March 11th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Oldsdruid

Sounds like you're confused about how the engine mounts. I think you're also realising that a modern chain auto parts store is not going to stock or be able to get anything like this.

You have:

Front engine mount- between timing cover and front frame crossmember. This is the rectangular one in the Fusick pic.

Transmission mounts- one on each side at joint between engine and transmission. These are the triangular shaped ones in the Fusick pic. They bolt to the transmission housing and to the rear crossmember and are left and right side.

There is no rear transmission mount.
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM

welcome to the site
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Sorry guys I havent been on in a while.Yep just standard tranny mounts. I have since rebuilt the front end and had a super hard time finding upper c-arm bushings.I found mobileparts in New York with NOS bushings amazing right? This car has a bunch of one year only parts. Lower c-arm is also available in the 64 and that it. Car is driving great. I would now like to swith from a 2bbl to a 4bbl. Any ideas on manifolds and how hard is it to match tranny linkage to a aftermarket carb or do I need to stick with olds gear?
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 63 Holidayscottikus
Sorry guys I havent been on in a while.Yep just standard tranny mounts. I have since rebuilt the front end and had a super hard time finding upper c-arm bushings.I found mobileparts in New York with NOS bushings amazing right? This car has a bunch of one year only parts. Lower c-arm is also available in the 64 and that it. Car is driving great. I would now like to swith from a 2bbl to a 4bbl. Any ideas on manifolds and how hard is it to match tranny linkage to a aftermarket carb or do I need to stick with olds gear?
Your best bet would to get a 4bbl manifold off of a 394 and an original 4GC Rochester carb with the original kick down linkage. other wise you will have to fabricate something and the problems could be or more likely would be vary complicated... Tedd
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:55 PM

I just changed the motor and trans mounts on my 63, got them all from Fusick's and they fit perfectly. Regarding the manifold/carb swap, stay with stock parts and make sure you have all the trans linkage adjusted properly. The Slim Jim is extremely sensitive in this area and you don't want to screw it up. Good luck!