The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1972 twisted cutlass

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM
last of the V8s

1972 twisted cutlass

Im going to start another page here. Ill get more pics and a bit more info on the car. Man it has a story. I have always enjoyed old cars, decided I needed one. So I started looking around, came across this one, from some kid in a trailer park, no feer stickers, and a he had to chain and pad lock the hood down because the neighbor hood kids kept steeling his carbs. I traded for a 93 harley sporster and drove it home in the snow, no heat, no wipers, 10 gal fuel cell in the trunk, and the trunk did not want to open. So we got it back to the shop. It had a warn out chevy 350 with a tb350 trans, the rear end was a one wheel wonder and has to be 411 gears, shes yelling at you at 65 mi hr. SHIFT!!!!. I took it to the painters, thought he would just give it the 300 dollar maco special, but he kept taking it apart, taking it apart. 2 years later it still was just sitting there, he tore it all apart and started using it a work bench, so I took it to my budy shop. He was actually my old tech when I have my bike shop open. Good guy,He owns Ace Recovery in Loves park IL now. Shawn and I have built this, back from the dead in the last 2 years. Every Wednasday night I have been going up there building this, have a coupple o beers, burn some smokes, and keep plugging away at it. Its been a long mountain to climb, we just got it on the road finaly thankgiving of 2012. Yesterday was the farthest I have driven it. I ended up at the pub wednasday, kinda got caried away. Left my day driver at the bar. All I had was the cutlass, drove that baby to work, about 60 miles round trip. She ran great!!! I guess I have around 150 miles on it now. Engine seems to be doing good. Its a 400 sb, pushing around 450 hp, 400tb tranny, same rear end tha it came with. Im hoping for xmas Im trying to find a posi rear with 355 is great. Give or take a few. I love to hot rod it, but Im mostley just crusing, I enjoy hi way speeding, So I need something in the rear end that can bring the r down a bit. Id actually like to put in the 4 speed munci.. ooooo mommy!!!!I day dream about shifting greas in it!!! But work with what you have. Couple o years, shell be right where I want her. I d also like to put some 18 all the way around, Think it has a great look .So it is running, but little things need to be worked out. I really wanted the whipers to work. So I bought all new wiper motor. Got the wrong one!! Guess there is a hiden wiper motor,Ya I got that one not knowing, Driver side wiper can clean the driver door window. I always liked the shaved door handle look. WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT THAT IS!!!But once again Shawn to the rescue. The doors just needed to be adjusted a bit. So we did the passenger door last week. He opened the door to the car, got the floor jack out, started to jack the car up with the door. Im yelling at him. WHAT THA HE!! YA DOING TO MY DOOR!!!.. Thing closes like a freeking toyota now. So we still need to fix the drivers side. Adjust the rear windows.. Super kool, I have to take out the rear seat and side pannels to adjust the rear windows. Get the door skins on, was going to install some 5.5 in the door. SHES DRIVING !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
body.JPG (174.0 KB, 28 views)
comand center.JPG (177.5 KB, 28 views)
comand.JPG (159.9 KB, 25 views)
engine2.jpg (42.2 KB, 23 views)
engine3.JPG (201.8 KB, 21 views)
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:17 AM
last of the V8s

trying

Trying to figure this computer thing out still. Guess Im lucky I can get pics on here.
Attached Images
engine3.JPG (201.8 KB, 15 views)
engine.jpg (40.8 KB, 24 views)
front end.JPG (204.6 KB, 22 views)
rear end.JPG (182.9 KB, 21 views)
yik body.JPG (197.1 KB, 19 views)