The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1970 cutlass hottest car in my city maybe yours

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2013, 10:50 PM

1970 cutlass hottest car in my city maybe yours

hell my name is b_money i have a 1970 cutlass and its awesome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
b.jpg (78.9 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg
b0.jpg (12.9 KB, 186 views)
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Senior Moment Member

Nice Hooptie! Not my style, but I don't understand a lot of things going on nowadays.
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Lansing built

Welcome to C.O. You will find opinions will vary!

Pat
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:22 AM

Welcome to the forum. Lets hear more about your Olds, whats under the hood, how did you modify the suspension?
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Welcome, thanks for the pic's.
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM

B , your car is a welcome breath of fresh air on CO.

Personal taste and opinions shouldn't matter if this really is the most friendly olds site.
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM

Bring it to the OCA Nationals in Springfield Ill. this July and show us!
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Welcome to CO

cool paint, show us more pictures and X2 on more info on what's under the hood
Old March 11th, 2013, 04:57 PM

That's wild man! Welcome to the site.

Your interior probably cost more than my entire '72Cutlass Supreme. Any more interior pics?
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO! Trick looking car, post more pictures when you get a chance.
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:37 PM

I think I saw your car for sale on craigslist last year in the twin cities area. Were you the one selling or did you buy it?
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:58 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Welcome to the board.

Any engine compartment pics?

My goal is to not have a hot car.I have air conditioning and run a 4 row radiator. My motor runs cool and I'm cool while cruising.

Old March 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM

Seriously people,you are praising this abomination ?
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Senior Moment Member

I was thinking the same thing. This car belongs on Hooptie.com.
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:08 PM
72 Olds CS

IDK while not my first choice in styles, the owner did put some time and effort in making his or her car their own and also chose an olds as a base.

that tells me the owner is a car person (a plus)
the owner appreciates olds (a plus)
the owner sought out CO ( a plus)
the owner is promoting the car hobby ( a plus)

So I think while its not your average Cutlass its perfectly fine w me.

Not sure why you guys are down on the car can you tell us why ?
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Old School Olds

To each his own.

^^^ Yeah... Whatta ya gnna doo... ...
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by f85 rocket
Seriously people,you are praising this abomination ?
Really, what they are doing is welcoming a new member who owns an Oldsmobile. It may not be our cup of tea, but people's pride and joy don't deserve to be denigrated.
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Administrator

I believe thats why we call it a hobby. Although it is not my personal vision and probably not yours either, and it is not our car, it's his to do as he wishes and be proud of his accomplishment. Therefore, yes I give him credit and a welcome.
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM

Although it would not be for me, I appreciate the work, and anything that keeps more old cars on the road, no matter the style, the better for all car guys.
The first low rider I saw on the east coast in the 70s I thought was a joke, but I was young then. Now if I could afford it, I would go that direction with my 98 convert.
But, I would be upset if it was a 442 or W30.
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM
car guy

Yall going to be as welcoming if he comes back and posts its got a 454
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Good point Richard. I wonder if we will even hear from him again.
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:53 AM

hahaha i see i have a lot of haters on my beauty just to let you guys no i got all most 30 grand in this car i have a 350 rocket with a 400 trans and this was a quick job for me i built this car in under a year alot of you guys put 5 to 10 years or longer in your cars this car looks better and runs better tha alot of the cars from the people talking bad i see post. BUT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT LIKED IT THANK YOU I APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO CHECK IT OUT AND COMMENT!!!!!! all the haters get a paint job atleast AND YES YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME AGAIN I SEE YOU HATERS HATING ON A NICE CAR BECAUSE IT ISN'T YOUR STYLE WELL THOSE PLAIN JANE HOOPTIES AINT MY STYLE GET SOME SOUL AND STYLE
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:55 AM

And yes i will post more pics my city is full of snow right now so when i can i will
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM

Word
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:32 PM

a sad end to a nice car.

Originally Posted by b_mon3y10
hahaha i see i have a lot of haters on my beauty just to let you guys no i got all most 30 grand in this car i have a 350 rocket with a 400 trans and this was a quick job for me i built this car in under a year alot of you guys put 5 to 10 years or longer in your cars this car looks better and runs better tha alot of the cars from the people talking bad i see post. BUT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT LIKED IT THANK YOU I APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO CHECK IT OUT AND COMMENT!!!!!! all the haters get a paint job atleast AND YES YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME AGAIN I SEE YOU HATERS HATING ON A NICE CAR BECAUSE IT ISN'T YOUR STYLE WELL THOSE PLAIN JANE HOOPTIES AINT MY STYLE GET SOME SOUL AND STYLE

Could one of you young guys translate this for me. I only speak & read English & French & the above post is not either one of those. You should have saved some of the $30K you spent on the car for some reading & writing lessons. THERE IS ALSO NO NEED FOR YOUR CAP LOCK TO BE ON...YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE FRIENDS HERE WITH CHILDISH INTIMIDATION.

Enjoy your car. Personlly I think it blows chunks but I respect your right to build any car the way you want. If it were up to me I would crush it before others come to think that this was a good idea.
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM

Welcome Nelly want-to-be. Don't let any one give you sh$% for your style. It is just not mine style but then I built my 1st ride when your mom and dad were but a smile on on their daddy's faces.
So show some respect here. You might just need a hand from one of us old guys. The respect will be returned, if not they are not worth the space given here.

PS The 1st car I fixed up was a 38 coupe.
Old March 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM

Anybody willing to put more money in a vehicle then it will ever be worth just to have it the way they want, is Ok by me. To do it to something to that which is extra rare,(442, W30) is another story.
Get a 455 in it so it has a little go with the show.
Also, show a little respect for those that don't agree. Remember opinions are like zxzholes, we all got em.
Old March 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM

Why should he show respect for the disrespectful? He's not the one that needs a lecture.

Certainly this doesn't reflect well for the Olds hobby - it's a big tent, and everyone is invited, no?
Old March 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Diego
Why should he show respect for the disrespectful? He's not the one that needs a lecture.

Certainly this doesn't reflect well for the Olds hobby - it's a big tent, and everyone is invited, no?
Well said Diego

Quote:

I have a 454 in my Funny Looking Chevelle and most here really don't care.
Old March 13th, 2013, 02:42 PM
morgan

you would be better to ignore the 'haters' and respond to people that like your style. By you bashing the 'haters' your doing the same thing... you kind of threw your car in everyones face so your going to get some negs
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM

I deal with people who don't expect to see an Olds at the show, set up for racing, but that is what got me started on Olds. I see lots of modified Oldsmobiles at the Nationals, and occasionally one has a Chevy engine in it. BUT, each car is built the way the owner wants it, and each car is an Olds (except for Olds powered other cars in 19b, and I worked hard to get that class added!). Lets try to make room for other preferences and tastes. Oldsmobiles are like potato chips in that one is never enough. If we could be more respectful and tolerant, maybe b money will later get one more like what we are used to seeing.
Old March 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Well said Diego

Quote:

I have a 454 in my Funny Looking Chevelle and most here really don't care.
I know that. I just thought it was funny how many times links to cars like his are posted hear from craigslist or ebay only to be mocked at and then see a guy with a car like that joins and he is mostly welcomed. On the other hand someone shows up with a car thats looks like what they want to see but the hood is opened to find a 454 they are tared and feathered. I could care less I would not build a car with that look nor would I put a Chevy in one but not going to get my feathers ruffled when someone else does.
Old March 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM
NôôB

For those who need translating, i got this, i speak Jive.

I know a lot of people dislike my car. I spent a lot of money into it and it does not have a 454 in it but a rocket 350 with a turbo 400 transmission. I finished this car in under a year, which is saying a lot due to how it might take the average Joe 5-10 years or even longer. I am very proud of this car and it runs and handles like a champ.

To all of those individuals who welcomed me here to this site, even though my car is different from alot of yours, Thank you very much for seeing my thread and commenting on how you like it. To all of the other people who shun my car please worry about working on your own car and leave mine alone, I know its not your style but your cars are not my style, mainly because they all look the same and have no personal touches, so that makes me feel the same about yours.
Old March 13th, 2013, 04:55 PM
NôôB

But all kidding aside its a nice car man, lot of custom work done to it i can see and definitely appreciate that. Would like to see what you did on the rest of the interior and maybe some how to's for the rest of us in case we want to try something like that
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by outlawspeeder
Welcome Nelly want-to-be. Don't let any one give you sh$% for your style. It is just not mine style but then I built my 1st ride when your mom and dad were but a smile on on their daddy's faces.
So show some respect here. You might just need a hand from one of us old guys. The respect will be returned, if not they are not worth the space given here.

PS The 1st car I fixed up was a 38 coupe.
Sorry but i have got to say something to this one... Nelly was an avid Oldsmobile fan yes, but as you can see in his video, Country Grammar, his paint jobs were not very custom, nor did he have big rims. And yes those are his Cutties in the video along with that GTO. Also, how do you know how old this man is or how old his parents are... On a final rant and note, i know there are rules against name calling on this forum and this can be definitely considered that. Was it uncalled for him calling people haters, i say yes and no. But in that sense it was also uncalled for people picking on his ride that he is very proud of.

Sorry for the rant but for you know who's sake, most of us are american and i think we keep forgetting about our freedom of expression.... END RANT!!!!
i179633.jpg
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM

You needed a translator for that?

Cracker . . . ;-)
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:39 PM

1) welcome
2) no need to diss his ride - its his and his taste
3) no need to diss those who don't like his ride,,, there are plenty of folks who don't like my cars - that's ok too
4) maybe its the lack of humility in his/her intro that got to people, "hottest car," "its awesome."