The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1969 delta 88 coupe (MY FIRST OLDS CAR)

Old July 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM

1969 delta 88 coupe (MY FIRST OLDS CAR)

My uncle gave me this car after it sat up on the side of my grandmothers house for 15 years. I always loved this car when i was little I remember how big it was inside and always wanted to take the black car lol. I towed it home and believe it or not the dang car started up with a fresh battery and oil change. and the ac still works in this car. yes its a 455 rocket. the car was originally green but the first owner of the car painted it black. im the third owner if this car. its never been hit every last trip piece was on this car down to the plastic olds carpet covers. the interior was kinda on the rough side but I specialize in custom auto interior so im doing that right now. here are a few pics. more pics and details coming soon. From California mr69delta.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
delt.JPG (95.5 KB, 8 views)
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:59 PM

forgotten

This is how the car looked the day I pulled it from its 15 years of abuse
Old July 16th, 2011, 09:46 AM

Glad to hear you're saving it! And welcome to Classic Oldsmobile!

Don
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO, Deltas are great cars!
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Thanks you guys.
Old July 16th, 2011, 08:46 PM

You are the man for saving this beast. Here's a short list of what I would do if this were my car:
1) Go through the entire fuel system. Drop the tank. Have it boiled out and replace the fuel lines. Have the carb rebuilt.
2) Check the front suspension for any safety issues.
3) Go through the brake system and replace all the lines. Steel and rubber.
4) Pressure test the cooling system and replace belts and hoses. That's some old dry rubber you've got there.
5) Replace the tires.
6) Do some local trips and check for any oil or trans fluid leaks. Most likely a lot of your seals will need attention.
Congratulations on your score. Thanks for saving another. Welcome aboard. Please make it reliable and safe before you dump some large coin into a rockin' system.
Old July 17th, 2011, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by 67 Cutlass Freak
You are the man for saving this beast. Here's a short list of what I would do if this were my car:
1) Go through the entire fuel system. Drop the tank. Have it boiled out and replace the fuel lines. Have the carb rebuilt.
2) Check the front suspension for any safety issues.
3) Go through the brake system and replace all the lines. Steel and rubber.
4) Pressure test the cooling system and replace belts and hoses. That's some old dry rubber you've got there.
5) Replace the tires.
6) Do some local trips and check for any oil or trans fluid leaks. Most likely a lot of your seals will need attention.
Congratulations on your score. Thanks for saving another. Welcome aboard. Please make it reliable and safe before you dump some large coin into a rockin' system.
this is my first olds car but I have restored such cars *** amc javalin sst, 67 couger, 79 mustang turbo cobra, 73 dodge dart, 85 mustang gt t top, So I know what im in store for..... am I ready for it ummmmm maybe not well kinda lol. Im replacing the radiator 3 row and all hoses. ordering a front disk break conversion from summit. the tank was replaced b4 it was stored by my uncle. I got 4bbl edelbrock intake and carb. plan on having the trans rebuilt with shift kit. autometer gauges and detroit locker with 3:73...... then I will add the 4 12 inch kicker crv speakers lol.