The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1964 olds cutlass

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2013, 01:33 PM

1964 olds cutlass

Hello everyone. I am curious if anybody can help me locate reproduction parts for a 1964 olds cutlass convertible. I am in need of rear filler panels or trunk extensions (fits between trunk floor and lower rear of the quarter panel behind the rear wheel house). I am also looking for left and right rear inner & outer wheel housings. May also be interested in a left rear used full quarter panel for a 64 hdtp or convertible. Any input would be a great big help. Thanks. lbsauto.
Old July 31st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by lbsauto
Hello everyone. I am curious if anybody can help me locate reproduction parts for a 1964 olds cutlass convertible. I am in need of rear filler panels or trunk extensions (fits between trunk floor and lower rear of the quarter panel behind the rear wheel house). I am also looking for left and right rear inner & outer wheel housings. May also be interested in a left rear used full quarter panel for a 64 hdtp or convertible. Any input would be a great big help. Thanks. lbsauto.
The 64-67 cars are not well supported. Note that there isn't even enough market to make repro full quarters for the 70-72 hardtops, which is a MUCH larger potential market. There are some small patch panels available, but expect them to require a lot of effort for a good installation. Rust-free used sheet metal is your best (and in some cases only) option.
Old July 31st, 2013, 04:38 PM
Justin

John had a left quarter (2blu442)

Not sure if he still does it was from a 65 should be the same except the tail light panel area located in Orgeon
Also depending on location check with JATA located in Florida

Also (honestdave) located had both left and right but they had bondo fill depending on what's needed

Located in Canada

Last edited by oldstata; July 31st, 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM

Thanks to everyone for your input. lbsauto.
Old August 4th, 2013, 02:31 PM

I looked for those extensions and since they are different from the chevelle you can't get them. My body man made some out of sheet metal and they work and look great.
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I'm indecisive. Or am I..

Originally Posted by lbsauto
Correct me if I'm wrong ( anybody ) but I thought inner and outer wheel house pieces were all the same for 'A' bodies..
Old August 4th, 2013, 05:12 PM

A body

For some reason the olds has some parts that fit the a bodies like chevellecutlass and some that don't. Frame and under body like floor pans, and trunk are same but fenders and quarters are different.
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo
Correct me if I'm wrong ( anybody ) but I thought inner and outer wheel house pieces were all the same for 'A' bodies..
The outers match up to the wheel openings, which are different for each brand, thus the outers are different for each brand. Same for the front inner fender panels.
Old August 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM

Thanks a bunch for the reply. lbsauto