need some help

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM

need some help

Ok? ive got a 71 cutlass supreme that im converting the front manual drum brakes to power disk brakes. I bought the convertion kit from summit and there is a adjustable perportioning valve that you have to install after the stock distribution block but befor the rear brakes. I did that all well and good, but now the rear brakes are not getting any fluid and I dont see where any of the conections are leaking or sucking air. Ive tryed adjusting the valve both ways all the way in and out but still not gettin any pressure or fluid to the back. Also the front calipers bleed fine. So if anybody has had the same problem or might know how to fix please throw me some pointers?

thanks

Dustin
Old April 8th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Texas Jim

Just off the top of my head, is the valve installed in the correct direction, like is the flow direction correct? I have had a clogged proportioning valve before and blew it out w/ air, when I was re-doing the brakes on my G20 van. W/ no fluid coming from the rear cylinders, I found the clog in the valve. Did crud in the line get pushed into the valve and stop-up there? Just a thought. It has to be clogged somewhere, just chase the fluid until you find the blockage. Good Luck.