Dynamic Custom

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2010, 09:14 AM

Dang! not too bad.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM

Engine is in!
Even though all the sheet metal is off it was a pain getting it in. Because I designed the trans tunnel to be a tight fit, I had to drop the steering out of it and take the exhaust manifolds off to get it to slide in.
31116_395860588929_770878929_395624.jpg
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:13 AM

schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt

Looking very very good, man love them aluminum valve covers!!! Ya know they make an aircleaner that matches LOL.....

Last edited by Eddie Hansen; May 18th, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
Looking very very good, man love them aluminum valve covers!!! Ya know they make an aircleaner that matches LOL.....

Yeah, I haven't pulled the trigger yet on one yet. A lot of people think I should go with the 50s Batwing cleaner, but I think it really doesn't fit this era of car. I was thinking of going with that one, but was thinking it might be to much. I did think about using stock. I just don't know. I'm open for any suggestions on this, since I need a little help on this front.
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:47 AM

with your talents.....

That air cleaner shown was under a hundred, I love that old cal custom look, I especially like it when there is the engine color between the ribs.. they also make power steering caps, and other do dads... I don't know, if I am going stock i go stock looking but I get funny mixing chrome with aluminum, moroso gold covers with chrome air cleaners etc etc etc
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
That air cleaner shown was under a hundred, I love that old cal custom look, I especially like it when there is the engine color between the ribs.. they also make power steering caps, and other do dads... I don't know, if I am going stock i go stock looking but I get funny mixing chrome with aluminum, moroso gold covers with chrome air cleaners etc etc etc
My Offys have body color in the ribs. I bought an old vintage set, even though they make them new. But, I got sick of trying to wet-sand and polish the inside of the ribs, so I said, screw it I'm painting them. That is a good price for that style cleaner.
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:34 PM

here ya go

http://www.rjays.com/Engine%20Parts/valve-covers-01.htm
http://www.rodworx.com/product.php?item=151
http://www.reidsrodparts.com/eng12.html#5

this is also nice from jegs 45 bucks... need to make a bottom but....

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-SB-F...91683/10002/-1

Old June 1st, 2010, 07:09 AM

I started hanging the front sheet metal back on to the car as well as some trim this weekend. It's starting to look like a car again.

IMG_7714.jpg
IMG_7726.jpg
IMG_7695.jpg

A better shot of the engine.
IMG_7711.jpg
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:43 AM

Starting to look really sharp. Like the color a lot on that body style
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:29 AM

wicked....

I think the Car is just wicked looking, really love the whole shaved handles and the motor treatment etc nice work...
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:43 AM

Interior is starting to go in!

IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_7992.jpg
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM

Hei Natas
is a great work,and is a beautiful custom car.
the air ride that model are?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM

Hey man, nice ride. What type or model intake manifold are you using and what type and model Edelbrock carburetor did you install. I have that exact same car and want to do the same thing. I'm just lost on where to buy the parts and which parts to buy. I also wanted to know what power window kit are you installing. i would also like to know where you got all the replacement stuff for your front suspension from. If you could please respond back and let me know who manufacturer and what model type or number it is i would greatly appreciate it. Your car is coming out very nice. Thanks.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:22 PM

Awesome color on that car, great work!
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by eddieunderground
Hey man, nice ride. What type or model intake manifold are you using and what type and model Edelbrock carburetor did you install. I have that exact same car and want to do the same thing. I'm just lost on where to buy the parts and which parts to buy. I also wanted to know what power window kit are you installing. i would also like to know where you got all the replacement stuff for your front suspension from. If you could please respond back and let me know who manufacturer and what model type or number it is i would greatly appreciate it. Your car is coming out very nice. Thanks.
Intake and Carb:
The 394 intake was off a 64 Olds 4dr. It is just a 4-barrel that I found in the junk yard. Doing quick calculations I came up with 650cfms being the max I'll ever need for the engine size. Carb is a Edelbrock Performer 650cfm. I haven't run it yet, but it may need smaller jets to restrict the fuel a bit, we'll see.

Suspension:
I replaced all the A-Arm bushings, Swaybar bushings, and upper ball joints.
Upper a-arm bushings are from Rare Parts. Napa sells them but will take weeks to get in and you have to pre-pay (They are expensive FYI). Napa offers their brand for the uppers but they don't fit, not even close. Lowers are Napa Brand and fit right. Swaybar bushings are Napa brand as well. Upper Ball joints I got from Car Parts Discount (expensive), so only replace them if you have to. If the ball-joints are fine and you just have torn boots you can get universal-boots from Energy suspension (just measure yours up and find your size.) I made mine out of a rack-and-pinion boot by cutting it down. Little redneck, but works fine.

Power windows:
Kit is from Autoloc, but bought it from. Buy it from a vender it is cheaper than going through autoloc.

If you need any other info let me know. I feel like I know every nut and bolt on this car at this point and have searched to the end of the earth for parts, so feel free to ask anything. I wish I knew then what I know know. There aren't very many of us 62 4dr guys out there so we have to stick together. Hope this info helps. If you need more details fell free.
Old July 19th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Natas, super nice job on your car. You offered advice, so here it is. Do you have any idea if an Impala of the same year has the same suspension? I am going to put air ride on mine, but use tubular control arms. And if you did your own artist rendering of your car, I would be glad to compensate you for doing one for me.
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Crazy Canuck

I have always had a sweet spot for 4 doors and this one is real sweet!
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by scottieb
Natas, super nice job on your car. You offered advice, so here it is. Do you have any idea if an Impala of the same year has the same suspension? I am going to put air ride on mine, but use tubular control arms. And if you did your own artist rendering of your car, I would be glad to compensate you for doing one for me.
In 62 Chevy and Olds didn't cross pollenate very much, especially on anything mechanical. The Suspension is unique to 61-62 Olds Fullsize. I think I have my Air figured out, built my own custom brackets to house the Shockwaves. On 62 the A-Arms are really impressive looking, lower is a mile long. As far as the renderings go, hit me up when your ready, I do them all the time. Here are some examples: http://www.sprousedesign.com/Illustr...ustration.html
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM

you are a very talented young man! very nice work!
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:14 PM

Ditto
Old August 4th, 2010, 10:50 AM

Interior is just about done!
Interior.jpg
Old August 4th, 2010, 10:52 AM

Looks great. Who did the work?
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Looks great. Who did the work?
I did. Presewn seat covers, but I did all of the foam work and streached them. I wrapped the dash, did the door panels myself and the headliner.
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM

Great work
Old August 4th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Natas
If you need any other info let me know. I feel like I know every nut and bolt on this car at this point and have searched to the end of the earth for parts, so feel free to ask anything. I wish I knew then what I know know. There aren't very many of us 62 4dr guys out there so we have to stick together. Hope this info helps. If you need more details fell free.

Looks like the Scarebird front disc conversion. What did you settle on for master cylinder and proportioning valve? Are you using the original GM vacuum pump or are you tapping into the intake manifold? I'm in the final phase of this on my '61 Dynamic 4 door and need to make some decisions. Thanks!
Old August 13th, 2010, 06:40 AM

Nice job and it's got the look! Where did you get the presewn seat covers? They look like quality stuff.
Also I have a complete set of front bushings for 61 62 Full size for anyone looking?

Pat
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by KQQLCAT
Nice job and it's got the look! Where did you get the presewn seat covers? They look like quality stuff.
Also I have a complete set of front bushings for 61 62 Full size for anyone looking?

Pat
Thanks, I got them all from Ezboy interiors/rodinterior.com
Could have used those bushings a couple of months ago, they are hard to get ahold of. PS. NAPA uppers don't fit. I'm sure someone around here will need them at some point.
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:38 AM

very cool - any updated pics? love seeing this project progress!
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:45 AM

AWSOME!
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:29 AM

Nice Work!
Old October 30th, 2013, 09:02 PM

Beauty

Originally Posted by DynamicDetroit
Nice Work!
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I would have never seen it. I picked up a '64 Dynamic 88 for my kids first car. Wait 'til she sees this one. Awesome work. My hat's off to you. Any photos of the finished gem?