67 442

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2013, 08:46 PM

67 442

Hi guys,
Well its been a while since i posted anything about my car, sooooooooo.
I bought this car 67 442 in January. Found it on the net, Old Car Trader or something like that. It was in Anehiem Ca. I bought it not running. Its a Freemont build car, auto, A/C, A.I.R., F/M radio, Buckets with console. Has what i believe to be the original E block although im not sure of that, but it is an E block correct number. I am also under the impression the car has never been restored. It did have one repaint, trim was not removed and some paint can be seen on some of the trim. Poor masking job! I THINK, it still has the original vinyl top, it looks like black potato chips. All the body lines are very nice. I did find under the back what someone said maybe the brodcast card. Took out the gas tank and no build sheet. Hopefully its in the front seats or dash. The bottom lip of the frame just under the passenger door is bent up just alittle as is the floor board in the same area. Looks like someone may have run over a parking block or who knows what. The Passenger side quarter panel is tweaked a little from what looks like it was backed into something.
the quarter is pulled away from the trunk lid seam maybe 1/8th inch. Not horrible. Also the frame horn under the same is tweaked just a little too.
The only work i can see so far on the engine is it has a B head on the drivers side and had the wrong exaust manifold so the exaust pipe would not bolt up.
So
I bought the correct manifold, installed it. Hooked up the exaust pipe. Put new motor mounts on that Cutlassefi suggested. Now the engine is no longer sitting on the center link. Actually it has approx 1/16 clearance, now has approx. 3/8 clearance. The guy i bought it from had tried to get it running, he put a new fuel pump on it. With the A.I.R. im thinking it was all original, all the vacume lines were leaking and hard as a rock. I removed the A.I.R. (PUMP STILL TURNS) if anyone needs the set up let me know. And i plugged all the vacume ports. Put the fuel line in a gas can, installed a battery. AND!!!!!!
The engine started, ran great!!! No knocks, No ticking, NO SMOKE FROM THE TAIL PIPES!!! It sounds so good i cant believe it.
So im thinking the internals are at least pretty decent. Ill still pull it have it vatted, still dont know if it may be cracked.And i believe there is a considerable amount of crud in the water passages. Hopefully it wont need bored, if it does it does. Maybe just a new bearing, ring, and gasket kit will do it, we will see. I do plan on getting it balanced and maybe just a little bigger cam but nothing radical. Ill soon start all this i just wanted to say my non running car, RUNS!!! And sounds very nice........ Im a happy guy!
I still dont know how to post pics but ill ask someone smarter than me to help me with that.
Sorry this was so long

Steve
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:35 PM

To post pictures you need to upload them to an on-line server site such as photobucket.com. Once the pictures are uploaded you copy the link attached to the picture and paste it into your post.

RedneckCarRepair.jpg