1963 Oldsmobile Starfire Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2014, 04:54 PM

1963 Oldsmobile Starfire Coupe!

Hello!
My name is Dalton, I am 16, this is what I have spent the last two weeks on... http://www.flickr.com/photos/113683637@N06/
Repainted the 394 V8 Engine in the car...
I had a solid frame off of a 1963 Starfire Convertible, the frame already had brand new brakes, good wheels (cant say as much for the tires), brand new fuel lines, fresh alignment, and a front end repaint. I decided it would be more cost effective and time effective to switch the Starfire body onto the Convertible frame than to switch all hardwear over to the other frame and cross my fingers that everything will work fine.
I have driven a 63' Olds Starfire Convertible for 2 years and the rear end did fine (Posi-traction), does make a noise around 44 mph.
The 394 Engine has around 86,000 miles on it, I replaced the valve-cover gaskets because they where leaking, the pan does not drip/leak, I changed the oil, put newer plugs and wires, newer distributor, new points and coil. 2brl carburetor, DUAL EXHAUST! (Yes the correct Starfire manifold.
I DO HAVE the 4brl intake and carburetor sold seperate for $325. (carb works but needs help).
I do have the original head off this car, (Believe the stock # was stamped on them, they need about $375 in maching work to be put back on, but they are the ultra-high compression heads).
The transmission supposibly had 40,000 miles on it, out of a 64' Olds Starfire, but I do not know the story, I found it in the trunk of my 63' Holiday (Instead of spare tire there was a spare tranny )

I sanded the entire body down with 250, got most the body smooth, took about 2-3 days. I did some body work on the rear-quarters but they still need some more smoothening.
I painted the car with the NAPA brand primer, front clip is not shown in the picture (Link in the beginning of thread) but is definately included and all there and painted to match the rest of the car as well!
BEWARE, there is a little body work that needs to be done, whether you fill or pound either way will easily solve your problem!
All the chrome and paneling, is there.
No interior pictures attached, but it had blue interior, in fairly good condition, carpet is all intact in great condition for being 51 years old. All the original interior is included. I fabricated my own drivers door panel since the original one was damaged from the driver window being pulled out. (Pass side is in AMAZING condition, still 51 years old, but good cond.)
Includes bucket seats, not the best bucket seats, but bucket seats.
All glass is intact and no cracks.
I am working on getting the front clip on right now, fabricating exhaust, fixing the seats, repairing the headliner, and getting the engine finely tuned.

I am 16, and I put this car together to prove to myself that I could build a car quickly when I am determined!
I do wish to sell it though because I have a 1963 Olds Starfire Convertible I would like to do the same with and need the $$$$.
Make me an offer I am in Bend, Oregon.
The car is in daily driver condition.

RUST: There is a little rust in the trunk and driver floorboard. I have another solid trunk floor that comes with the car, the drivers floor is minor, NO you will not fall thru it is actually very solid.

Thank-you!

Dalton 541-678-0606
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
starfire1.jpg (13.3 KB, 38 views)
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Oldsdruid

Welcome back, young'un! Looks like you've been busy!