Warning lights on

Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:38 PM

Warning lights on

Having a problem with my 2000 intrigue with 50000 miles on it. Have owned it since new, and has been relativley trouble free except for an a/c compressor and power window motors.

Current problem is anti lock, trac off, brake, pcs and service vehicle soon warning lights stay on intermittently. Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:47 PM

Take it by Advance Auto or Auto Zone and have them read the engine codes from the OBD connector and post the codes on here, sounds like a speed sensor is going out. Sounds like all of them are related to the same sensor .
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM

I thought they would all be related but didn't know to what? Thanks for the tip, will try it.

Jim
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by oldsrallye350
take it by advance auto or auto zone and have them read the engine codes from the obd connector and post the codes on here, sounds like a speed sensor is going out. Sounds like all of them are related to the same sensor .
lights that stayed on intermittently now stay on constantly. Finally had a chance to have this thing scanned.

Ecu malfunction c-0550 electronic control unit performance.

Looked on rock auto site and don't see an ecu. There is an ecm and various other control modules for cruise abs etc.

Any ideas

thanks for the help

jim
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM

My brother has a 2001 Buick Regal LS that had a bad wheel bearing. That caused all of those lights to come on (except the pcs because he didn't have that light). When the wheel bearing was replaced the car went back to normal. His car had about 90k miles when it needed the repair....because he used an aftermarket part it failed about a year and a half later and had to be replaced again by a GM replacement part that has a lifetime warranty (dealer installed).
Old July 9th, 2012, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 85cieraholiday
my brother has a 2001 buick regal ls that had a bad wheel bearing. That caused all of those lights to come on (except the pcs because he didn't have that light). When the wheel bearing was replaced the car went back to normal. His car had about 90k miles when it needed the repair....because he used an aftermarket part it failed about a year and a half later and had to be replaced again by a gm replacement part that has a lifetime warranty (dealer installed).
good suggestion, but i don't have a bad wheel bearing. Thanks for the input

jim
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM

I know it's been the better part of a year, but I also know i put up with this frustration on my intrigue for at least that long. The previous poster was correct. It's your wheel bearings. The bearing/hub assembly contains your wheel speed sensor. Usually they start going bad and will throw a light when you hit a bump momentarially, but they will progressively get worse until the SVS light is always on. The bearing isn't bad, it's the wheel speed sensor. You can also check the pigtail harnesses that connect the hub to the main harness sometimes there will be a fault in the wires, check for continuity. Wheel hubs will solve your problem.