Too Many Warning Lights & Nothing Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Too Many Warning Lights & Nothing Wrong?

1. On my 2001 Aurora, the sender units or possibly something chip related (I think) is causing low tire pressure, low coolant level, and low oil pressure lights to come on. When I physically check those things out, they all check okay.

2. On the same Aurora, in the winter time I get a check engine light with check gas cap lite that means absolutely nothing (in the summer heat these lights go away).

I have been trying to avoid taking the car to a Cadillac dealer, but no one else (been to two different reputable shops) has been able to pinpoint the trouble. Any Ideas
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:45 AM

Lightbulb Errant error messages

If you can't find anything unusual and the car still runs fine then ignore the urge to leave your money at a repair shop that can't fix it anyway...live with the lights as a form of salutation and comfort knowing that the car actually cares about your response...
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Yellowstatue
If you can't find anything unusual and the car still runs fine then ignore the urge to leave your money at a repair shop that can't fix it anyway...live with the lights as a form of salutation and comfort knowing that the car actually cares about your response...
=================================================

That's exactly what I have been doing but my nature won't let it alone. Perhaps instead of sending the car in for some kind of bogus repair, I should spend my $ on a psychiatrist.