Windlace

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2022, 04:37 PM

Windlace

I have my original wind-lace that I was planning on cleaning up and reusing. It looks to be in ok condition, not as soft as I would like but ok. The door wind-lace is ripped on the driver side and I will need to source one of those even if its not blue, I can dye to match. If anybody has some blue metallic headliner windlace and door windlace please pm me. I'm also wondering if its better to use OEM stuff and dye it even opposed to reproduction if its out there?
I was thinking about maybe buying reproduction windlace from OPGI and dye if necessary. They sell the front and sides. I would need to reuse my rear window wind-lace. Can anybody offer their opinion on reproduction stuff? Also can anyone recommend a source for door wind-lace and quality?

Last edited by scrappie; April 9th, 2022 at 04:53 PM.
Old April 9th, 2022, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by scrappie
I have my original wind-lace that I was planning on cleaning up and reusing. It looks to be in ok condition, not as soft as I would like but ok. The door wind-lace is ripped on the driver side and I will need to source one of those even if its not blue, I can dye to match. If anybody has some blue metallic headliner windlace and door windlace please pm me. I'm also wondering if its better to use OEM stuff and dye it even opposed to reproduction if its out there?
I was thinking about maybe buying reproduction windlace from OPGI and dye if necessary. They sell the front and sides. I would need to reuse my rear window wind-lace. Can anybody offer their opinion on reproduction stuff? Also can anyone recommend a source for door wind-lace and quality?
I have a set of the reproduction door wind lace. Its not bad, but it does not have the cutout for the little wedge used on convertibles. I ended up just dying some good condition originals that I found.