Where to Buy a New Headliner

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2020, 06:54 AM

Where to Buy a New Headliner

Looking for suggestions on where to buy a new headliner for my '71 Cutlass S car. It has 5 bows. Rock Auto and Sumit have them for a good price. I would like the same material or close to it. Where is the best place to buy?

Another question. I have blue interior, but I don't know exactly which blue. How do I find out the proper color so I can match it correctly to an ew headliner?

Thanks.
Old February 5th, 2020, 08:10 AM

REM makes the best stuff, but I'm not sure if they sell direct.
If you want the best quality, go to Legendary. They sell REM and will send you samples so you can check the colors.
You can save cash by going elsewhere, but quality may suffer.
Old February 5th, 2020, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by oddball
REM makes the best stuff, but I'm not sure if they sell direct.
If you want the best quality, go to Legendary. They sell REM and will send you samples so you can check the colors.
You can save cash by going elsewhere, but quality may suffer.
Thank you.
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:41 AM
same but different

I've purchased the head liner and other interior parts from Fusick and they worked well in my 71. I had a local shop install the headliner.
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by don71
I've purchased the head liner and other interior parts from Fusick and they worked well in my 71. I had a local shop install the headliner.
Thanks. I've dealt with Fusick before and they were good. I'll take a look. I have some free samples coming from Legendary.
Old February 6th, 2020, 07:08 AM

Guess who Fusick sells? REM.

The interior industry is actually really, really small. The only problem, like every other area, is there are foreign knock-offs that are sometimes terrible and it can be really tough to tell which supplier the retailer actually uses. Most of the interior retailers only make a very small portion of their offerings, and just resell all the other stuff.

Side note: REM's globebox liners are *perfect*. I made the mistake of buying a glovebox liner from Year One. Some other brand and while it certainly was a glovebox liner and had the overall shape of ours, several corners were in the wrong places and several anchors were wrong.
Old February 6th, 2020, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by oddball
Guess who Fusick sells? REM.

The interior industry is actually really, really small. The only problem, like every other area, is there are foreign knock-offs that are sometimes terrible and it can be really tough to tell which supplier the retailer actually uses. Most of the interior retailers only make a very small portion of their offerings, and just resell all the other stuff.

Side note: REM's globebox liners are *perfect*. I made the mistake of buying a glovebox liner from Year One. Some other brand and while it certainly was a glovebox liner and had the overall shape of ours, several corners were in the wrong places and several anchors were wrong.
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find any headliners for my '71 on Fusick. I'll just call them. I was going to order a glove box liner for Fusick as mine is shot.