What a great day

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2011, 01:49 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Unhappy What a great day

Last year I saved up every penny.Sold a few Instrument Panels saved saved saved.
Took my bonus and got the entire car taken down to bare metal.And painted .Target Red ..what a beautiful job these 2 guys did.
While I was at it.I had the convertible top frame sandblasted,powder coated new latches and had a new top installed.
Half way through the top installation I realized the owner of the upholstery shop had quite an addiction to what they call
"The Peruvian Marching Dust".He was 2 weeks behind.And he rushed the last few days.We didnt exactly part friends .To get some more money for another fix, he tried to bump me $687.00 due to the fact that it took him longer that expected.Not my fault.
I get the car back last week after being gone for 4 months and took my 25 year old son 'Heir to the throne and the Cutlass for a ride.
Great afternoon with the top down.Just me and Ronny .
Put the top back up Sunday night and buttoned her up.
Off I go for a week of business in Indiana.
I get home last night and go down to admire the paint job and the new top and get re aquainted with The Old Lady.
Dont ask me how .Dont ask me why.
I now have 3 holes in the top.I am sick to my stomach.
I dont mean to bore anyone with this .
I thought about
Dear Abbey.Or a shrink ,But I am short the $95.00
But I have to believe only Car Guys and gals in this hobby would understand.
My question is this.When does the pain go away.
Any ideas on patching the holes.
P.S You may see me on Americas Most Wanted
Or Judge Judy
Thanks for listening
Ron
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:48 PM

Been their! either scratch the new paint, burn the top or whatever life throw at you. No one got hurt and it can be fixed. That feeling in the pitt of your stomach will go away. I don't think you would be happy about a patch job. Nice this is just keep the top down untill you can save enough to have it repaired. Iam sure an upholster can replace the damaged panel.

Mike
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:34 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Hey Mike
Thanks for the lift. I dont think we can fix this one, it has to be replaced and I am not being selfish on this one.It is in the rear sail and up front.
I should have picked up on the drug user mannerisms .
Thanks
Ron
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:52 PM

Hey Ron -
I'm really sorry about your top. Everything will work out alright but it still pisses you off. My 66' is coming home from the body and paint shop tomorrow after 9 mo. ( it was originally scheduled for 3). Many issues along the way, but in the end it turned out fantastic and it's done right. Best of luck getting your top replaced, it will probably look better than this one did anyway and you'll be happier with it in the long run. Mark