Restoring Plastic Dash

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM

Restoring Plastic Dash

I recently used Ron Roth, who posts on this thread, to recondition my 1967 OLDS dashboard. It came out better than expected. I was at a car show over the weekend and was amazed at how many people took pictures of the dash. I would highly recommend him for any future work.
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by commwog
I recently used Ron Roth, who posts on this thread, to recondition my 1967 OLDS dashboard. It came out better than expected. I was at a car show over the weekend and was amazed at how many people took pictures of the dash. I would highly recommend him for any future work.
Good info! How bout some pics of that dreamy dash he did for you?
Old September 5th, 2011, 02:53 PM

Here's the problem, I can not figure out how to post a picture. Took the pictures and am ready to send but am having trouble. Send me an e mail at COMMWOG@AOL.COM and I will send you pictures of the dash and my car, or help me post on this thread.

Jim
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by commwog
Here's the problem, I can not figure out how to post a picture. Took the pictures and am ready to send but am having trouble. Send me an e mail at COMMWOG@AOL.COM and I will send you pictures of the dash and my car, or help me post on this thread.

Jim
Message sent to your home email. LMK how it works out!
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:49 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Jim ..Thanks for the kind comments.I hope you found it easy to work with me .Soon ....In about 7 to 8 weeks I will be shutting down due to the weather.If you should know anyone considering restoring an Instrument Panel as a winter project, send them my telephone number.We can sort it out over the phone .That is the way I like to do business.I dont need any more Pen Pals at this stage of my life.It was a pleasure working with you.should you have any questions on the dash or need information on the Good Guys out there give me a call.Tell Dottie I said hello and enjoy your trip.
Respectfully
Ron Roth
586-556-1234

http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20the%20Dash/

Last edited by rroth01; September 6th, 2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: attachment
Old October 15th, 2011, 04:26 PM

Just another shameless plug for Ron - here's a couple of pics of the one he just (re) finished for me - I say re-finished because when I originally received the first one back from him and was putting it in, I had an accident and it was literally impaled on the floor shift. I was devastated, but I called Ron and explained the situation.

He listened to what I'd done and calmly told me to ship back to him and he'd have a look. One week later, I got it back. YOU CAN BARELY even tell where the damage was. In fact, I dare you to look at the pics and tell me where the damage was!

Ron is a man of his word and his work is top notch. If you are even CONSIDERING having your IP done, send it to Ron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMAG0306.jpg (103.8 KB, 58 views)
IMAG0304.jpg (105.3 KB, 63 views)
IMAG0303.jpg (97.3 KB, 50 views)
Old October 15th, 2011, 04:37 PM

X2 on ron. He makes feel like i've knowed him forever. Can't wait to meet me face to face next year in lansing.
Old October 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by danimal442
In fact, I dare you to look at the pics and tell me where the damage was!

Ron is a man of his word and his work is top notch. If you are even CONSIDERING having your IP done, send it to Ron.
Beautiful dash. Takes me back quite a few years. I have no way of knowing where the vampire act took place, so I'm going to guess it was the AC outlet area!

Too cool that your 67 has the rallye pac to boot. Verrry nice workmanship. Right down to the steering wheel. That must have cost a bundle to redo also.

Fortunately my 72 dash still looks new. Only the lower reveal lines need to be done, but I'll take care of that with a chrome pen. Guess I better not do it after a night of drinking though...I'd have chrome piping on the seats
Old October 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM

Ah, no such luck on the Rallye Pac - those are aftermarkets below the dash but (also thanks to Ron) I have a factory clock in the dash now!

Yes, my experience has been to hold off on the booze until after the job is done....
Old October 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by danimal442
Ah, no such luck on the Rallye Pac - those are aftermarkets below the dash but (also thanks to Ron) I have a factory clock in the dash now!
Yes, my experience has been to hold off on the booze until after the job is done....
D'ohhhh,
I only looked at it quickly and didn't look to see if the gauges were there. I should have clued in with the 3 gauge pod down below.. Still, better to have aftermarket gauges than idiot lights.