Fusick carpets???

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2010, 01:21 PM
Land Yacht Captain

Fusick carpets???

I really want to order my new carpet soon but am finding it hard to determine who to order one from. Fusick does list a carpet for my 66 Ninety Eight LS 4 Door Post. Has anyone ever purchased a carpet from them before??

I have heard many nightmares regarding fitment from other suppliers on other models but nothing so far about the full sized cars.
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:44 PM

Fusick uses other suppliers for some of their parts. However, they really try to sell the best stuff, quality and fit, that is out there. They really care about Oldsmobiles.
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:48 PM

As Rund just said..Fusick (and all the other suppliers like Year One, etc) DON'T MAKE the carpet. There are two manufacturers of these repro carpet sets...ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) and Trim Parts.

You will likely get ACC carpet from just about any vendor you order from.

Suggestion: If you order the carpet take it out and check the fit AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. That way, if there's something terribly wrong, you can get a refund, exchange, etc. Many, many times people order the carpets early in the resto process and it can be one or two years before they ever pull the carpet out and try to install it. That's when it can be a pain to get a resolution from the vendor.

Also...don't throw out the box....if you have to return it they may want the original box as it has some info printed on it (I think) that the manufacturer may want to see (lot number, etc).

You are rolling the dice to some extent but there are still stories of people getting carpet sets that install and fit nicely.

Again, a quick check of everything for fit is advisable as soon as possible after you get it.
Old March 31st, 2010, 10:24 PM

My turquoise carpet was made for Fusick by Trim Parts. Let me say that if you are getting a special color like that, order any extra carpet material at the same time so it will match perfectly. There are batch to batch variations with many colors. Black is pretty safe
Old April 1st, 2010, 03:38 AM

Smile

I purchased a new carpet for my 64 Starfire from HR custom restorations in Windsor. The actual carpet was made by Trim Parts and was custom made in that I did not want the plastic molded mat that they usually mold into the drivers side.
The first one that I got, I picked up from them at the Waterdown swap meet at thier booth, when i got it home i checked it and the floor mat was in there. I called them right away and they replaced it with no problem and then we did the exchange at the Caledonia swap meet.

So far the carpet looks good but I have not installed it yet because the car is still in storage.......

I will let you know how it goes, heck I can probably drive down to your place and show you as well. I am only 20 minutes down the road.

Rene