Front seat back removal

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM

Front seat back removal

I'll be recovering my seats soon, so I was poking around today seeing what's what. I have a '72 Supreme with a front split bench with armrest. How is the inside near the armrest attached? I was able to move it around, like a ball and socket joint, but it feels connected to something. Enlightenment please. Thanks, Chumley
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by Chumley
I'll be recovering my seats soon, so I was poking around today seeing what's what. I have a '72 Supreme with a front split bench with armrest. How is the inside near the armrest attached? I was able to move it around, like a ball and socket joint, but it feels connected to something. Enlightenment please. Thanks, Chumley
There is a axle pin that sticks out of the seatback into the hinge point at each side of the arm rest.

On the axle pin, there is a little stub that keeps it from walking out to the side.

So to remove the seatback, you take off the outter c-clip or keeper washer, pull the outter hinge off its pivot point. Then lean the seatback all the way forward, then tilt the outboard edge up- and the inner keeper will slide right out. Installation is the reverse of removal.

Hope this helps.