Extended Seat Mounting Brackets/Hardware for tri-five olds

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2021, 07:48 PM
Jake

Extended Seat Mounting Brackets/Hardware for tri-five olds

We fab extended mounting plates for mounting your front seat further back using the existing floor holes. Message me if you’re interested. It gives the driver about 4” extra room. I’m 6’4” so this was a necessity. We can fabricate longer or shorter setups. Price negotiable. I need measurements for distance between your front and rear holes as well as photo of floor and seat feet.
Old December 11th, 2021, 09:20 PM

Can you cut a slot in the plate that will allow that front bracket to nest back down on the floorboard? This would allow you to lose the long bolts and spacers, bolt directly to the plate and get rid of a significant amount of torque loading in the event of a frontal impact.

tc
Old December 12th, 2021, 05:15 AM
Jake

Originally Posted by 4+4+2=10
Can you cut a slot in the plate that will allow that front bracket to nest back down on the floorboard? This would allow you to lose the long bolts and spacers, bolt directly to the plate and get rid of a significant amount of torque loading in the event of a frontal impact.

tc
Probably so. The front is what holds the seat down though. If you draw out what you mean, we’d be happy to take a look at it.

Old December 12th, 2021, 12:33 PM

Just a slotted hole in the plate directly under where the heel of the front seat bracket is contacting the plate. Just wide enough to let the seat bracket pass through the plate but narrow enough that you retain the bolt hole locations. It is hard for me to see completely, but with a slot you may be able to avoid the angled cuts and welding. Just run a flat plate with the slot for the front bracket.
Old December 12th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Jake

Originally Posted by 4+4+2=10
Just a slotted hole in the plate directly under where the heel of the front seat bracket is contacting the plate. Just wide enough to let the seat bracket pass through the plate but narrow enough that you retain the bolt hole locations. It is hard for me to see completely, but with a slot you may be able to avoid the angled cuts and welding. Just run a flat plate with the slot for the front bracket.
perhaps. I’ll giver her a look!
Old December 12th, 2021, 01:00 PM

Hope the suggestion helps. I was drawn to this thread because I just made some brackets for my own car (1970 A body). These gave me a 3 inch shift to the rear and have made a huge improvement for me in getting in and out of the car. I do not have a tilt wheel.