Dash/Seat belt color

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2012, 06:39 PM

Dash/Seat belt color

Ok have a few questions for my interior. My car had the interior changed to blue and I have to touch up some things. First off my whole interior is Blue except the dash/steering wheel/seat belts which are black. Is this correct or should everything be blue? I'm missing the shoulder belts and been watching for a seat or partial set of belts but not sure which I should get. Will be pulling the dash to freshen it up/repaint it.
Old March 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM

what year and what model car? If the interior is now blue most likely the seat belts and the dash should be blue.

Black dash and seat-belts was used with Black and Pearl/Parchment/white interiors
Old March 18th, 2012, 08:08 PM

Oh sorry have to add a signature. Car is a 71 Cutlass Holiday Coupe that was Viking Blue with white vinyl top and white bench interior. Now blue bucket interior.
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:14 AM

That must be a pretty car, one of my favorite color combos. To make your car look like it had blue from the factory you should have a blue dash and steering column/wheel. All white interiors, as yours came with, would explain the black dash and steering column etc. Seat belts are another issue. The standard belts were black for all colors with black buckles. The optional belts were color coordinated with the seats and had brushed stainless buckles, far more attractive. So, that comes down to choice/availability.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Yes she is just needs some things addressed. Ok so on the dash I would need to paint the metal dash piece as well to be correct which creates the problem since I'm not pulling my windshield to accomplish this. So I'm thinking just to redo it in black because the black dash plate against a blue dash would look wrong. So then I'll make the combo work with a 2 tone interior blue/black. Black steering wheel/column/dash and a black center console along with the black belts should look good. Everything else will be blue. What you guys think?