Best Fitting "A" Body Carpet Supplier

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2019, 12:04 PM

Best Fitting "A" Body Carpet Supplier

Does anyone make a nice fitting "A" body carpet for a 4 spd application? I've used seat covers from Legendary Interiors and they were much better than the ACC stuff, not sure if they offer carpets for GM "A" bodies

Last edited by hotrod442; March 10th, 2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old March 10th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Running On Empty

I have always been greatly satisfied with Legendary. Yes, they offer A Body carpet. I ordered a set for my 71 CS one week ago. They are scheduled to ship March 21st. Looking forward to installing them. I have automatic column + full bench.
Old March 10th, 2019, 03:07 PM

They have carpets on Ebay at $187. didn't look at brand. I need a set for my 65 442 HT in dark brown. What is the price on Legendary carpets.
Old March 10th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Gerald Nickels
They have carpets on Ebay at $187. didn't look at brand. I need a set for my 65 442 HT in dark brown. What is the price on Legendary carpets.
I'm paying $180 from Legendary - including tax + shipping I believe the total is roughly $200.
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:13 AM

...??? Doesn't Legendary use ACC as their carpet supplier??
Old March 11th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Beer Connoisseur

Since Trim Parts sold their Automotive carpet product line to ACC, I'm pretty sure ACC is the only carpet manufacturer for our cars right now. Not 100% sure about Legendary, but I know that all others use ACC.

ACC carpet can be bought from Rockauto cheaper than anywhere else.
Old March 11th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Running On Empty

Interesting. I've never seen automobile interior carpet on RA.
Old March 14th, 2019, 05:42 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I'm paying $180 from Legendary - including tax + shipping I believe the total is roughly $200.
oddball...??? Doesn't Legendary use ACC as their carpet supplier??

As a follow-up. My carpet I ordered from Legendary was scheduled to ship March 21st. I received a notice from UPS of a package scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I looked up the tracking history & it must be the carpet I ordered from Legendary. I noticed the origin and shipped from are Oxford, AL, United States. I looked up ACC and their corporate location is Anniston, AL. There's a good chance you're (oddball) correct and Legendary may use ACC as their carpet supplier. I'll re-post w/ a follow-up regarding quality & fit when completed.

What is interesting to note is ACC sells the carpet for my 1971 CS convertible for $262.65 while Legendary sells the carpet for my 1971 CS convertible for $180.00
Old March 14th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Beer Connoisseur

$148 for for ACC carpet without mass backing from Rockauto shipped, $133 with 5% discount code.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...,flooring,1264
Old March 14th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 70cutty
$148 for for ACC carpet without mass backing from Rockauto shipped, $133 with 5% discount code.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...,flooring,1264
Thanks for that link Cutty. I've looked on RA before for carpeting & never found it. Guess that shows I wasn't paying very close attention.
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Thanks for that link Cutty. I've looked on RA before for carpeting & never found it. Guess that shows I wasn't paying very close attention.
I also could never find carpet, now I see why. They don't list flooring in the interior section under "Cutlass Supreme", only under "Cutlass". What's even odder, they list a convertible top motor under "Cutlass", but not under "Cutlass Supreme ". As we all know, convertibles in 70 -72 are Supremes and not Cutlasses. The motor however is currently out of stock. I'll have to make sure I look under "Cutlass" in the future for items I can't otherwise find.
Old March 15th, 2019, 03:08 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Rocketbrian
I also could never find carpet, now I see why. They don't list flooring in the interior section under "Cutlass Supreme", only under "Cutlass". What's even odder, they list a convertible top motor under "Cutlass", but not under "Cutlass Supreme ". As we all know, convertibles in 70 -72 are Supremes and not Cutlasses. The motor however is currently out of stock. I'll have to make sure I look under "Cutlass" in the future for items I can't otherwise find.
In addition, the availability of carpet colors for my 1971 CS convertible with Sienna interior soft trim (only available in 1971) demonstrates one color (Copper) on Legendary's site - which should be correct.
RA demonstrates a plethora of available carpet colors for all Cutlasses and not specific for any particular interior soft trim &/or model; and, RA does not demonstrate Copper as an available color option.
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Running On Empty

I found the Dark Copper (#39) carpet color on the ACC site. You need to click on 'All Colors'.
I guess Legendary is purchasing from ACC - it pretty much states this right on the box. I'm sure the carpet I have is the 'Loop' fabric. It does come w/ backing, but it isn't 'mass backing'. I'm actually quite pleased w/ the overall product. I received what I expected. What appears as a dark line in the image (below) is nothing more than a crease from being folded - which is now laying open until I install it this weekend.

Old March 15th, 2019, 05:08 PM

That looks like the Sienna carpet offered by The Parts Place that I bought 2 years ago for my 71 Cutlass. I also used Legendary's Sienna upholstery, which I was very happy with. The Parts Place lists the Sienna carpet as a separate special item. It isn't an exact match but it compliments the upholstery very well and actually matches the outside Sienna just as well.
Good luck with the install. Those creases take a while to work out.
Old May 8th, 2019, 06:48 AM

Carpet Mass Backing

i have to order carpet for my conv shortly and am wondering if mass backing is worth it?