Anybody have a good original parts group contact?

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2011, 10:39 AM
1968 442 restoration

Anybody have a good original parts group contact?

I am planning on ordering a lot of my restoration parts, including a stage 3 interior kit from Original Parts Group. I have looked in to some of the other suggestions people have made with other vendors such a Legendary Interiors and Fusick and it seems to require a lot of effort (not that it isn't worth it for better parts if that is the case) to piece together most of the parts you need only to have to finish it off with OPG anyway. They have put everything together in such an easy little package for what appears to me to be a very competitive price it hardly seems worth it to piece together from other places.

Now a lot of the complaints I have seen from people about OPG have been about customer service rather than parts quality. I know that dealing with vendors, and even my own shop for that matter, it makes a difference who you deal with. Some people really know their stuff and care about getting things right, and others are a waste of your time. I am wondering who the guy to talk to at OPG is. Anybody have a go-to guy there?

Chris
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:40 AM

I dont, but please port your experiance with them and their parts! good luck
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Opgi

Originally Posted by COcutlass72
Last year I was parting out a 70 Nova , and I had OPGI buying lots of parts from me on Ebay for a car that an owner of the company was restoring for himself. Thought that it was kind of neat that I could get some money back from them , LOL , But I can not find the guys email now. I know that it is all computerized at OPGI because I wanted to trade parts with them and he said there really was no way to make it work on there system.
Old April 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM

You might want to check to see if they sell the PUI or Legendary parts. That will determine the level of quality and originality you will get.
I am guessing they are selling PUI, but who knows.

It is not hard to piece together what you need, but I do agree - an all inclusive (customizable) kit is a great idea.

As for a good contact, I do not know if there is any. They are like most other BIG companies who have many sales guys that randomly get picked when you call in.
Old April 29th, 2011, 11:49 AM
delete

I would presume that you could get Legendary the break down of the Stage 3 kit & it wouldn't be hard to come up with their equivelent.
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM
1968 442 restoration

That's a good idea. It looks like Legendary only offers seats and door panels though. Does anybody know what the significant difference is between Legendary's stuff and PUI? Material, stitching, fit, color, etc...

Even when dealing with large companies there are still people who know their stuff and you can reach them if you know who they are. I will find out who it is at OPG and let everyone know.

Chris
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:10 PM
delete

In general, Legendary's reputation is that of having the highest quality & most accurate reproduction interior restoration parts available.
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM
1968 442 restoration

Anybody have a good contact at Legendary? I would like to talk to them.

Chris
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by COcutlass72
I have ordered two things from them and both fit incorrectly. I got wheel well chrome moldings(flimsy and cheap quality for $350) and two chrome side mirrors.

the rear wheel well moldings didnt fit correctly. I had to really bend the rears to fit but the front ones fit well.

the mirrors were good quality but they didnt provide all the parts to install them. they needed two very tiny specific screws that I couldnt hardly find anywhere.

secondly one of my items was on backorder but they didnt tell me until I had paid and shipped one of the items. Having an item on backorder isnt bad but if they kept an active inventory and let me know prior it would have been better.

Overall I was not satisfied.

Im going with fusick or legendary next time for sure.
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by getawaycar
Anybody have a good contact at Legendary? I would like to talk to them.

Chris
I talked to several of the guys there in sales and had good experiences. If you run into any tech problems, I have the name of a great tech support guy. Dealing with them directly is the only way to go. If there is any problem, big or small, they will take care of you.

If you are wanting the closest to factory, then Legendary is the way to go. They might be a few hundred more, but given the total overall expense and work to install, it is chump change for what you get for that change...

Check my interior makeover thread and you will see what I mean...

Use OPG or Fusick for the stuff Legendary does not sell.
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:18 PM
1968 442 restoration

Thanks for the advise guys! I will let you know what I find after talking to these companies.

Chris