71 Cutlass Supreme Door Panel replacement

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2007, 10:36 AM
71 Cutlass Supreme

71 Cutlass Supreme Door Panel replacement

Looking for someone who has experience with the replacement door panels offered by people like YearOne, OPGI, Legendary Interiors...

I do not have the original panels in my 71 Cutlass Supreme Convertible, so I'm not sure what "should" be there, but most pictures I see of other cars show panels with upper pulls, arm rests, upper wood panels, and carpeted lower sections.

None of the replacement panels I see for sale have door pulls... should they be there? Does anyone have experience with these replacement panels (kits)... happy with them? Who did you buy from?

Thanks for the help.
Old October 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM

I have '72 door panels I purchased from Year One. Decent fit, although the wood grain seems to be slightly lifting off the panel in some spots. Not too bad, my old ones were worse. I am also wondering about the door pulls. Mine were pretty bad and I posted awhile back to see if there were new aftermarket versions. I think I'm going to take the worn out pulls to an upholstery shop and see if they can wrap and sew some material to make them brand new looking. And then I guess I'll just have to measure and drill some holes in the new panels (thankfully I kept the old ones just in case, for measurement purposes). And don't forget to put in some new watershields while you're at it!
Old October 5th, 2007, 05:54 AM
71 Cutlass Supreme

My old pulls are in terrible shape as well... if the new panel kits don't come with pulls, I guess I'll just need to go without. Mine are too bad to salvage and I need new door panels.