68 Cutlass Upholstery Color

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2011, 08:03 PM

68 Cutlass Upholstery Color

I'm doing a white (listed as parchment) interior in my 68 Cutlass Convertible and in my research on seat covers and door panels I'm coming across pearl, parchment, and metallic parchment. What is the correct color? OPGI only lists pearl for the upholstery and door panels while Legendary only lists metallic parchment seat covers and parchment door panels. Any thoughts on what is or is not correct. Thanks!!
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM

Call Lengendary and ask them. They're very friendly & helpful. Have them send you some samples if there's still a question of what matches what.

If your interior is original, you might want to get the trim code from your body tag prior to calling.

They were very helpful with my rare " '68 only" dark red interior. Haven't pulled the trigger on the whole package yet, but the samples look fantastic (and, AFAIK, Lengendary is the only one doing the correct '68 dark red....)
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Originally Posted by sklbndt
I'm doing a white (listed as parchment) interior in my 68 Cutlass Convertible and in my research on seat covers and door panels I'm coming across pearl, parchment, and metallic parchment. What is the correct color? OPGI only lists pearl for the upholstery and door panels while Legendary only lists metallic parchment seat covers and parchment door panels. Any thoughts on what is or is not correct. Thanks!!

I had gotten some stuff from YearOne, and sent it back, and looked at the OPGI stuff. Legendary was the only place I could find that had all of the stuff I needed in Parchment. I got front bucket and rear bench skins, door panels, rear panels, door opening windlace, seat backs and seat bases. The colour was dead on the covered part of the the windlace that the previous owner had re dyed to pearl. My orig vinyl had been replaced at sometime with pearl too. Here are some pictures of what I got from them.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post224237

The OPGI (PUI made) door panels in pearl are two two like the originals. The rear panels are NOT two tone. They told me they didn't add the black to the bottom because there is not much of it seen once installed.

I don't have mine installed yet, but it really looks like great quality and carefully constructed. Hand made in the States too.

BTW, '68 parchment is a little off white with some metallic sheen to it. Later years used a darker off white colour without the sheen.

Legendary has a very reputation here on CO.

Adam