windshield washer/LED dash lights/fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2017, 08:52 AM

windshield washer/LED dash lights/fuel gauge

Yesterday took the Silver Bullet to Vince Giglio's home in Forney, Tx, where he (and his dear wife, Kathy) did repairs to our FlatTopWagon (I've gotten too "older", and have a bad knee/two bad shoulders). Replaced the cam driven windshield washer mechanism with a Trico electrical unit that mounts with the same 3 screws, and looks almost identical to the original, and works! Had to move the reservoir to the passenger inner well due to conflict with 4" air OAI hoses. The switch itself (on the dash) had to be tightened to insure good ground contact, as didn't work initially. They also replaced the dash light bulbs with LED units (194's, I think), and the difference is astounding! Lastly, THINK we've figured out that I need to have the saddle mounted gas tank sending unit reworked. Gas gauge not working on our trip to the Zone Show a couple of weeks ago (fun being stranded on IH35 in Denton with traffic ZIPPING by while you're a foot off of the road on a short berm). Replaced the dash gauge with another (used) one, and same symptoms: full is a 3 o'clock, empty is at 12 o'clock, IF IT MOVES. Need to run a few more miles to get some more gas out to see if it's moving at all. Little things, as we all know, are always having to be done. Thank God for good Friends in our NTOC Family!