Tired of false advertisments 69 hurst olds ebay

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2014, 04:45 PM

Tired of false advertisments 69 hurst olds ebay

This is my first hurst that I restored in 2001.When bought the car it had none of the original hurst parts except for the hood and spolier. The engine was not numbers matching the mirrors where gone the heads where gone and the ram air was gone. The body was in good shape. The rear end was not for a hurst olds and had the wrong rims. It took me two years to collect the parts to start the restoration.It was a frame on restoration all the body parts are original to the car. the vin number is 344879m351022 And the ebay seller is vettez06z16 is misleading the history of the car. In my opinion its fraud so he can ask a higher price. Again if any one is interested in this car I can fill you in on the details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1969 hurst olds.jpg (82.3 KB, 67 views)
Old February 16th, 2014, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by w30hurstolds
This is my first hurst that I restored in 2001.When bought the car it had none of the original hurst parts except for the hood and spolier. The engine was not numbers matching the mirrors where gone the heads where gone and the ram air was gone. The body was in good shape. The rear end was not for a hurst olds and had the wrong rims. It took me two years to collect the parts to start the restoration.It was a frame on restoration all the body parts are original to the car. the vin number is 344879m351022 And the ebay seller is vettez06z16 is misleading the history of the car. In my opinion its fraud so he can ask a higher price. Again if any one is interested in this car I can fill you in on the details.

By posting the VIN you've created a trail. Hopefully anyone with half a brain that's considering buying this car will Google the VIN # first.
Old February 16th, 2014, 06:56 PM

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vettez06z16/..._from=&_ipg=25

shows zero items for sale
nothing like that in his past auctions
no such feedback

maybe a link to the actual ad?
Old February 17th, 2014, 07:11 AM

Ebay add number 291056413126 completed items
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by w30hurstolds
Ebay add number 291056413126 completed items

This dealer is very close to where I live, it has been listed on and off for the last year
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:28 AM

If you have time quiz him on the history of the car I bet my name won't come up.Check the build date against the engine parts and the restamp block.
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:30 AM

I noticed in the ad he said he has a build sheet. Man I sure would like to see it since they say it doesn't exist.
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:00 PM
No Dr. but play 1 on TV

I really hate to hear this.
I would like to buy a 68 or 69 and to read this makes me sick.
If you notice the last price was very high for the car. I always wonder when you see a car go up to a very good price for seller, and he does not take it, if the seller is manipulating the price somehow. Maybe he has "friends" helping the bidding process.
I'm very glad you posted this.
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:10 PM

epay ad:

"Up for auction, 1969 Hurst Olds .Yes A Real One !!!!!!!!!!! UNRESTORED # 191 of 912 and 1 of only 350 with A/C .Loaded with options , A/C ,Power windows, Power driver seat , Power trunk release , Map light , 8 Track player .This Numbers Matching car has only 83k original miles , stored in a climate controlled building .ALL ORIGINAL except one repaint , and is STUNNING IN PERSON. The interior is as if it was 1969 today, The glass , Chrome , rubber are all in perfect condition, Engine runs strong and tranny shifts perfect as the 3.23 Rear 12 bolt rear handles all the power. Adult owned and driven , PLENTY of documentation, Build sheet , etc , etc .This ONCE in a lifetime opportunity Needs Nothing .............Not many come up for sale , and not many left in original condition .Why travel to BARRET -JACKSON , pay the buyer fee's and the fast paced time limit , Relax and bid from the comfort of your own home , at your own pace .Plenty of pics available .Please feel free to schedule an appointment to come and look and have a drive in one of the nicest 1969 Hurst Olds around . The pictures will do the talking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please e-mail with any questions , or leave message on cell 631-873-9306, Gary .Thanks for looking , good luck bidding ..................Don't let this Investment opportunity slip away ..........will only go up in value !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its up to you, Remember , there are only so many left !!!!!!!!!! It just became a year older !!!!!!!!!"

You guys are so FOS.
Obviously everything is kosher!!!
The more exclamation points, the more CERTAIN you can BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:40 PM

There are now more low mileage late 60's early 70's original muscle cars available than there were in 1972! I read these adds about low mileage 1 owner cars and shake my head. I was always on the hunt in the mid 70's. Very very rare to find something like this even then.
Old February 28th, 2014, 08:42 AM
NôôB

Where on that build sheet does it say W46(code for a 69 Hurst Olds)? I see w39(Hurst shifter i am guessing from research) and he circled A46 (Sports wheel from research?) it seems?

Seems like a lot of questionable items on that sheet alone to me, and like stated before, I could have sworn that they never had the build sheets either in these cars as they never left Lansing so there was no point in having them
Old February 28th, 2014, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
Where on that build sheet does it say W46(code for a 69 Hurst Olds)? I see w39(Hurst shifter i am guessing from research) and he circled A46 (Sports wheel from research?) it seems?

Seems like a lot of questionable items on that sheet alone to me, and like stated before, I could have sworn that they never had the build sheets either in these cars as they never left Lansing so there was no point in having them
[IMG][/IMG]

On the bottom left hand corner of my paper work it has W46. Is this what you maybe looking for?
Old February 28th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I know how you feel. All the really cool stuff I had was before digital cameras and flash drives. Any documentation i may have to prove fraud nowadays would be an old faded picture from a disposable camera when the flash probably didn't go off.

I avoid specialty cars like the plague now. Too much money, and too much forgery to consider them a sound investment.
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gator69olds
I noticed in the ad he said he has a build sheet. Man I sure would like to see it since they say it doesn't exist.
I'm confused?! You said they say build sheet doesn't exist and want to see then quote afterwords showing pic of your build sheet? That is the Lansing build sheet you have and subject car has the fisher body broadcast card/build sheet.

Anyhow, sucks cars like that get misrepresented (as we know it done to get $$$) but looks very nice and love to have one with power windows.
Old March 7th, 2014, 07:34 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by jwsolds
I'm confused?! You said they say build sheet doesn't exist and want to see then quote afterwords showing pic of your build sheet? That is the Lansing build sheet you have and subject car has the fisher body broadcast card/build sheet.

Anyhow, sucks cars like that get misrepresented (as we know it done to get $$$) but looks very nice and love to have one with power windows.
I apologize then. I have been told that it isn't a build sheet that it is a broadcast card.