General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Heater ducting question

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2012, 03:19 PM

Heater ducting question

I am currently re-installing the heater (w/AC) in a '72 Olds Cutlass. It was partially apart when I removed it to change the heater core. I am having trouble figuring out where the defroster adapter attaches? I'm afraid I'll have to go backwards and remove some parts I already installed. I thought I was done with the right side but the manual says to remove the defroster adapter from the right side so I'm guessing I missed where it goes there. The manual doesn't show any pictures or diagrams that I could find. So I'm wondering if one of you can be more specific as to just where it belongs and what the two ducts from it go to. I do see the one on the large duct connection on the heater box itself.

Thanks for any help I may get.
Old April 4th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by Rich Kinsley
I am currently re-installing the heater (w/AC) in a '72 Olds Cutlass. It was partially apart when I removed it to change the heater core. I am having trouble figuring out where the defroster adapter attaches? I'm afraid I'll have to go backwards and remove some parts I already installed. I thought I was done with the right side but the manual says to remove the defroster adapter from the right side so I'm guessing I missed where it goes there. The manual doesn't show any pictures or diagrams that I could find. So I'm wondering if one of you can be more specific as to just where it belongs and what the two ducts from it go to. I do see the one on the large duct connection on the heater box itself.

Thanks for any help I may get.
Rich do you have an Assembly Manual for your car? Their a great help.