General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Rubber tip for blow gun.

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2022 | 03:40 PM

Rubber tip for blow gun.

Somehow the regulator on my blow gun got cranked up to max. The rubber tip blew off, I have searched all over the garage and can’t find it I figure the easiest way to find it to simply buy a replacement, then the missing tip with materialize out of thin air.

I have looked at all the hardware stores, I can find the type that screws onto a blow gun, mine slips on and snaps into place. I found the tip I need on the snap on truck today, they come in a variety pack. 2 of the 3 I will never use, and I have zero desire to send 60 bucks

The one I need is on the lower left. Anyone know where they can locate that particular tips?? Thanks.
Old May 31st, 2022 | 04:03 PM
Running On Empty

Is this the one you need? Free shipping.

14mm VAC10-4011

And another...

Vacula VAC10-4011 Rubber Tip Nozzle Vacula VAC10-4011 Rubber Tip Nozzle

Last edited by Vintage Chief; May 31st, 2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old May 31st, 2022 | 04:31 PM
Old(s) Fart

Geeze, I don't think I've ever paid more than $5 for a complete blow gun WITH the rubber tip at a swap meet. This one is $7.99 on line. And yeah, this is one tool where Chinesium crap works just fine.

Old May 31st, 2022 | 07:18 PM
Oldsdruid

Lot of the Carlisle swap meet tool vendors have those rubber tips. Last ones I bought were like 3 for 5 bucks.

I grinned like a mug when I found those things, because I had a few blowguns that had lost their tips over the years. Worked ok, just didn't concentrate the airstream and tended to blow stuff everywhere.
Old June 1st, 2022 | 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Geeze, I don't think I've ever paid more than $5 for a complete blow gun WITH the rubber tip at a swap meet. This one is $7.99 on line. And yeah, this is one tool where Chinesium crap works just fine.

Normally I would agree. However, this particular style blow gun works perfectly for what I need. The tips on the Chinese blowgun are too wide to fit well in valve body/case passages to air test assembly’s after pump installation. The blow gun I have has has a long tip with a receiving groove, the rubber tip has a C-clip or something inside that kinda snaps into the groove.
Old June 1st, 2022 | 06:30 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by matt69olds
Normally I would agree. However, this particular style blow gun works perfectly for what I need. The tips on the Chinese blowgun are too wide to fit well in valve body/case passages to air test assembly’s after pump installation. The blow gun I have has has a long tip with a receiving groove, the rubber tip has a C-clip or something inside that kinda snaps into the groove.
I actually have a tip from a spray can of trans cooler flush that uses a short length of hose that slips nicely over one of my blow guns for exactly this application.
Old June 1st, 2022 | 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
I actually have a tip from a spray can of trans cooler flush that uses a short length of hose that slips nicely over one of my blow guns for exactly this application.
Really? Is it the cooler flush stuff you get at Napa? If that’s the case, I’m going to try that. Thanks!!