General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Pwr antenna wire & remote trunk opener vacuum runs '69 a-body

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Randy C.

Pwr antenna wire & remote trunk opener vacuum runs '69 a-body

I'm putting together my '69 4-4-2 convertible now and I'm adding a couple of options; namely, a power antenna and a remote trunk opener system, both factory (not after-market). I need help in determining where the wire and vacuum line runs go for these two options, from the dash to the trunk area. If anyone has any pictures or a verbal description of where these runs are supposed to go, please let me know so I can finish mine as correctly as possible. The CSM and PIM give a good description of where these systems start in the dash, and where the wiring and vacuum lines go in the dash and on the firewall, respectively, but I don't see anything that says where these lines are placed from the dash to the trunk.

I took the remote trunk opener system out of a '69 A-body many years ago and part of in included a metal piece that screws to the floorboard under the rear seat (which I took). It appears to be in about the same position as the tape the holds down the wire to the rear speaker. But from there to the trunk and there to the dash, I'm not exactly sure where the vacuum line should go but I'm thinking it should be out of the way such that it doesn't get pinched down by a foot or something else sitting on the carpet.

I can't tell where Fisher put the wiring lead for the power antenna.

The '69 is coming along nicely but I know it won't be as "concourse" as the '68. I already enjoy driving the '69 so much more because of that! Got the LY wheels cleaned up and painted (it has disc brakes which are much nicer than the drums on the '68) and the new red stripe radial tires installed - looks nice. I have the interior out now so I can restore the console (seats already done) and get under the dash to repair all the cracked and broken A/C ducts and get the wiring runs right. It will be a nice summer project!

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Randy C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Olds69043016b.jpg (1.52 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg
Olds69043016a.jpg (1.35 MB, 4 views)