General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

fuel system help

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2018, 09:42 AM

fuel system help

Hi, I have a question regarding the use of the fuel return line . I have a 1972 cutlass ,originally with a 350 2bbl with AC and uses the single fuel feed line and vapor return type system. I am swapping in a very healthy 455 and was wondering if I should switch to the 3 line style system . I am in the process of changing the fuel tank right now and need a new sending unit for the tank and thinking it would be the right time if I am needing to change to the 3 line system before I reinstall the new tank .
Old May 27th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by yellowrocket
Hi, I have a question regarding the use of the fuel return line . I have a 1972 cutlass ,originally with a 350 2bbl with AC and uses the single fuel feed line and vapor return type system. I am swapping in a very healthy 455 and was wondering if I should switch to the 3 line style system . I am in the process of changing the fuel tank right now and need a new sending unit for the tank and thinking it would be the right time if I am needing to change to the 3 line system before I reinstall the new tank .

It never hurts to run fuel return, especially with today's crappy gasoline. Anything that keeps the fuel cooler will help prevent percolation and vapor lock.