General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

FB Broadcast card

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM

FB Broadcast card

I'm not sure if I asked this before but I find myself in a position of needing to know.

I have a pic of the FB broadcast card in my sig (see below) that I found in my W-30. It clearly states that my car is indeed a W-30. Out of the other options the car came with i.e. sport wheel, rally pac, console, only the stereo tape player is listed. Why is this and could (could) there be authentic
(W cars) out there that did not get the 'W' option inked onto their card?

If yes/no why/why not?
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 344870M
I'm not sure if I asked this before but I find myself in a position of needing to know.

I have a pic of the FB broadcast card in my sig (see below) that I found in my W-30. It clearly states that my car is indeed a W-30. Out of the other options the car came with i.e. sport wheel, rally pac, console, only the stereo tape player is listed. Why is this and could (could) there be authentic
(W cars) out there that did not get the 'W' option inked onto their card?

If yes/no why/why not?
The broadcast card only covers options that were installed by Fisher Body. The dash (rally pack) and steering column (sport wheel) were installed later in the build. The tape player must have features that were installed by Fisher Body prior to body drop. The stereo tape player would have required Fisher to install the rear shelf speaker, for example.
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
The broadcast card only covers options that were installed by Fisher Body. The dash (rally pack) and steering column (sport wheel) were installed later in the build. The tape player must have features that were installed by Fisher Body prior to body drop. The stereo tape player would have required Fisher to install the rear shelf speaker, for example.
So it is an absolute then? Anything that required FB's attention had to be posted to the card? I'm guessing you're gonna come back with a resounding 'yes' on that.

Thank you.
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:20 PM

Darn it. I knew I wanted to ask something else. My card says '1st CARD'.

Does that mean that there may have been more than one card for a build and would it have info on it that differs from previous or subsequent cards? In other words, if this card didn't list 'W-30' would it possibly appear on another? Or is it one FB broadcast per car/build?
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
olds..older..oldest

Build sheets

Don't know all the W-30 answers,but I found " #1 " and " #2"broadcast cards in my 69 442 and they are identical....Derek

Last edited by derek nesdoly; August 24th, 2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: mistake
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by 344870M
So it is an absolute then? Anything that required FB's attention had to be posted to the card?
Thank you.
? Not sure what you mean by "an absolute". Same with "FB's attention". The answer depends on exactly what you mean.
What is on there is body related. Doesn't mean that everything is on there. The boxes are all body related items.
(BTW, we need to get back to your Z!)

Originally Posted by derek nesdoly
Don't know all the W-30 answers,but I found " #1 " and " #2"broadcast cards in my 69 442 and they are identical....Derek
Good question, now asked and answered!
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
? Not sure what you mean by "an absolute". Same with "FB's attention". The answer depends on exactly what you mean.
What is on there is body related. Doesn't mean that everything is on there. The boxes are all body related items.
(BTW, we need to get back to your Z!)

Good question, now asked and answered!
I meant that if it was body related, it had to appear on the FB card. At least that's what I got from Mr. Padavano's post. It wasn't just some random picking and choosing as to what items appeared on the card. So a 'W' car had to have the notation. No exceptions. That's what I was wondering. And Derek answered my other concern of whether card 1 or card 2 might have different info on them. Thanks Derek.

And yes. We need to get back to the 'Z'. It's kept me awake at nights for the past 27 years.
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:28 AM

Lightbulb ZZZZ

There is a ZZZZZ on there because your car is a sleeper!!!