General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2023, 08:49 AM

exhaust

Hello,
I need to replace my complete exhaust system, for my 1959 olds dynamic 88 (rocket engine).
It's a single system.
Can anyone give me the technical data (partnumbers etc..) so i can buy the correct items?
Thank you very much.

that's the car.
Old January 4th, 2023, 09:01 AM

The only way you'd be able to get OE replacement mufflers or resonators is by buying NOS parts.

I suggest taking your Olds to a local exhaust shop and have them put exhaust on it. They can directly replace the old exhaust if it's still there; if not, a skilled craftsman would be able to fabricate new exhaust easily. Plus, house brand muffler/resonators can save you money if you don't want performance parts.
Old January 4th, 2023, 01:06 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Waldron's can make you an exact reproduction exhaust system in either single or duals. I had a dual system made for the 54 convertible I had, and it fit perfectly. Here is a link.
Waldron's Exhaust – Car exhaust, truck exhaust, exhaust pipes, mufflers (waldronexhaust.com)
Old January 4th, 2023, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
The only way you'd be able to get OE replacement mufflers or resonators is by buying NOS parts.

I suggest taking your Olds to a local exhaust shop and have them put exhaust on it. They can directly replace the old exhaust if it's still there; if not, a skilled craftsman would be able to fabricate new exhaust easily. Plus, house brand muffler/resonators can save you money if you don't want performance parts.
I manage a muffler shop, bending the pipes is easy, the problem is sourcing those really long factory mufflers locally. Those 50's cars sound like absolute garbage with the smaller mufflers available today. There supposed to be whisper quiet!