General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Brothers auto parts

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM

Brothers auto parts

Has anyone here dealt with brothers for any parts? They are located in K.C.
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
71 cutlass convertible

Me personally I have had no problems with the one order I have done. If you do a search on the fourm the do not have a good rep. Fusick's seems to have the best rep.
Larry
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM

Don' do it. Fusick for olds parts...you will be thankful you stayed away. Horror stories aplenty...
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:05 PM

Avoid the bro. End of thread.... Products were okay, but the customer service is horrible.
Fusick is the best. PArts place is okay for some stuff.
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Randy C.

I used BAP back in 2006 for my trunk liner, rubber trunk mat and exhaust system (from the manifolds back to the trumpets). I was satisfied with their products. I had a little trouble with the driver side exhaust pipe (manifold to muffler) as it didn't seem to fit right. Fortunately, I know an exhaust man who did a little bending for me and the pipe then fit perfectly.

I used Fusick for most everything else, with some mechanical parts input from Supercars Unlimited and a few things from Year One. Fusick is top notch, in my opinion, and www.supercarsunlimited.com was also top notch. Both of those businesses deal pretty much exclusively with Oldsmobile and it's nice to have someone on the phone that knows Olds specifics.

Randy C.
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:21 PM
1968 Olds Cutlass S

I try to order exclusively from Fusick. I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them.
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:09 AM

Thanks for all the input. It is good to know.
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:01 AM

I haven't had a problem with Brothers yet. I shop around like Fusick, Year One, etc. Fusick is my favorite. Year One and OPGI is too expensive for me. Last week i just experience USA Parts Supply for the first time. They had nothing in stock so im waiting for the dropship from the manufacturer on seat foams and seat springs.
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Kjr442

I have ordered from most all of the places listed above,and have had my share of problems.
I like Fusick over all for the way I am talked to on the phone, Steve is the best. I have never had a problem with Fusick, not one!
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:02 PM
GM Enthusiast

I have ordered from Brothers on several occasions, never had a problem. Fusick's has great customer service but their prices are usually higher. So if you know what you need, save some $ and order from Brothers.
Old September 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM

http://www.ripoffreport.com/car-part...ts-l-e72d9.htm

just one of many examples...google can be your friend, as well as the better business bureau.
Old September 11th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Deuche bags from my experience...
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:41 PM

Thumbs up

Well guys and gals, I originally posted this thread to see if I had made a mistake ordering from Brothers. The only complaint i can say I have is they didn't send me any tracking numbers to see where my order was. So i made a phone call to them and they got my order status for me and I have to say they did me very good with my purchase as it came just when the guy told me it should be here. What i bought for all you wondering out there was the 64 330 dual exhaust system. I would truthfully not be afraid to buy from them again from this experience, The system went on perfect not one problem! Sounds great looks good also. I couldn't beat there price for it! That's my opinion .
Old September 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM

I ordered a few small idems from them, no serious issues. Then I got door panels from them, they sent the wrong ones. I called and explained "You sent the wrong ones." The person on the phone asked, "How do you know they are wrong?" My response was not what I was thing, but I said, "They do not look like the ones on the car right now." I had to pay for return shipping that wiped out any savings of the sale that was offered. The door panels are made by PUI, the wood grain and trim were separating before I even got them on the car a few months later.
I even tried them again for some used rubber parts (that are not repoped) they wanted 40$ a side plus shipping. That is all it took for me, I will just go somewhere else.
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:35 AM

So I've heard that if you throw your money in the trash, at least you can reach back in and pull it out. At BAP, you'll never see it again.

That said, Fusick has great stuff, but charges an arm and a leg to ship small stuff. A few years ago, I had a problem with an order, and called them. They told me I was wrong, they were right, and hung up. I don't even remember what it was about. But if they have what I need, I'll still buy from them.
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:20 AM

I had to file a police report to get my refund! If you see where they do business in Overland Park, you would not be impressed.
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Runner

Brothers is 11 miles from my house. I haven't bought anything huge from them, just a can of engine paint. Its nice not to have to deal with shipping or anything. When I arrived it was a Friday close to 5pm and the guy working there looked like he was about to go fishing. Was more then happy to help and talk cars for a bit though.

Mr442, you are right, there office is a little "sub par" looking. Tiny office with a large dark warehouse area behind it. Eh, I don't judge a book by its cover.
Old September 15th, 2011, 09:26 AM

I agree, I'm sure they are just trying to make ends meet, everyplace I've been to like this is the same way, a small shotty front office with a huge warehouse behind them (well except for the repo Corvette place in Michigan).

But what I didn't like is them telling me the W30 carb they were sending me was correct even after I insisted I did not want a restamp - what did I get - a restamp - with only a part number, not even a date stamp or a foundry stamp on it.

But I was also told by another shop that the repo fenders were so close to original no one could tell the difference, well now even I can tell without looking (just feel the ridges on the repos compared to the 70s). So buyer beware, they understandably need the business and say sometimes what needs to be said to get it.
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:00 PM
One of None W-31

As I've posted so many times...Fusicks is the best...run away from Brothers.
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM

Firewheel Classics has a nice large front full of organized car items, and clean. Large parts in the back, although they specialize in Camodes, they do have not a problem helping with Oldsmobile parts. So not every place is so poorly run. JMO.