General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

442 emblems on 69

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2009, 01:27 PM

442 emblems on 69

I need a template fo 69 442 fender emblems or what is the difrence in mesherments from 68 to 69 i have the 68 mesherments.BAP has 68.
I need help.
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:38 PM

I am not sure but I beleive 68 had two different locations depending on the W-36 bee stripe option.
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM

As per your request, I have attempted to get a picture of a drivers side fender with the measurements for the hole locations. Let me first say that I have made every attempt to insure that the measurements are correct, but I make no guaranties. I measured, re-measured, and then measured again.
I got this fender from forum member 2blu442 who was kind enough to send it to me so I could make a template. So we know it is a plain 69 442 fender.

Some things I did to get the deminsions:
-First, using the holes at the top of the fender, draw a line thru the center of the holes parallel to the top of the fender. see pic. This was much easier that trying to measure from the crease at the top of the fender. All verticle measurements were taken from this line.
2. When making the verticle measurements, I did so at 90* from this top line
3. Obviously, measure to the center of each hole
4. I also drew a line thru the middle of the 442 holes parallel to the top of fender line to keep the reference point the same for all measurements
5. All of the horizontal measurements were from the back edge of the fender (next to the door)
6. When measuring, I kept the tape parallel to the line in step 4.

Things to think about.
1. When making these types of measurements it is easy to get off, and even 1/16" can make a difference, be careful.
2. Use an accurate flexible measurement tape
3. You will have to get the drivers fender correct, and then make a template for the passenger side since the numbers are reversed.
4. The holes are factory drilled at 13/64, but I used 7/32. This gives a little play with the letters, but not much.
5. As you can see from the back side of the fender the hole for the number is pretty much in the center of the hole in the brace. So you can get the nut on. This is another way to double check.
6. Go very slowly.

What I did:
Again, 2blu442 was very helpful in giving me the fender for the postage from his place to mine. I did not do the transfer using measurements. I used the fender to make a thin metal template and then transfered the holes in the templete to the fender. Then I had to reverse the holes and do a little measuring to make a template for the pass fender. I was very pleased with how they came out. I would suggest that this the best way to do it. As 2blu442 requested, I have kept the fender and the templates I made and would make them available to any other forum member. Johnyyy, you have first shot at them if you want. If so, send me your address and I'll let you know what the postage is. They are also avail to other members. You just have to promise to keep them for future use by the forum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1310005.JPG (96.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg
P1060004.JPG (82.5 KB, 17 views)