General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Rocketman Advertising cutout

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2019, 05:46 PM

Rocketman Advertising cutout

Hello,

First post here. I buy and sell at auctions and I came across something that I think is oldsmobile Advertising. It is about 7 feet tall and on thin foam board. It has a Rocketman like superhero person with the Rocketman name across the bottom. On his belt and before the Rocketman is the symbol for oldsmobile from the 80s and 90s I think. I will work on getting some pictures of it up. Has anyone ever heard or seen one of these? Is it even Oldsmobile? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Greg

Old January 15th, 2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Keefer
Hello,

First post here. I buy and sell at auctions and I came across something that I think is oldsmobile Advertising. It is about 7 feet tall and on thin foam board. It has a Rocketman like superhero person with the Rocketman name across the bottom. On his belt and before the Rocketman is the symbol for oldsmobile from the 80s and 90s I think. I will work on getting some pictures of it up. Has anyone ever heard or seen one of these? Is it even Oldsmobile? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Greg

No but I know what I will be for Halloween!
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:29 AM

That is definitely an '80s / early '90s vintage Olds logo on his belt and next to the "Rocketman". Can't say I've ever seen or heard of that Olds icon before. Dr. Oldsmobile's tenure began in '69 and lingered into the early '70s.
Old January 16th, 2019, 05:07 AM

I've never seen anything like that before. I was going to say for sure not until I saw the Olds emblems on his belt buckle and on the Rocketman lettering. I dunno... maybe a dealership had it made?? I doubt it's something from Oldsmobile. Interesting piece. Thanks for posting it.