General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

watch your step

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2018, 11:24 PM

watch your step

lifes slip ups seem to occur when they are least needed,started getting stuff put up for winter last weekend,called it a day and went in the house ate cleaned relaxed. left my pistol in my truck,thought ill just lock my truck, fine cant find my keys with the fob on it and didn't want to go out, decide to go out and look for keys in garage,lights on hmm no keys on bench, then I turned, kind of caught my foot on a box of parts,tried to get my balance and other foot caught the cable coming out of the mig welder. being only 5,11 it sure is a long way down to the floor,slo mo no less after 10 mins of trying to breathe I made it back into the house,decided to go to the er,i told the wife I would drive,wormed my way into the drivers seat,look out the window and there lay the keys,on the fender of the little tractor. all it cost me was a skinned leg bruised wrist 5 very bruised ribs and the bad shoulder hurts more. cutlass frame is ready to paint,more winterizing of stuff and ill be down about 5 weeks. bummer and no good meds either.
Old October 31st, 2018, 02:35 AM

Must be a trend, about 2 weeks ago I belly-flopped onto the concrete. Had my hands full and tripped, couldn't brace for impact. Felt ok until the next day, boy did my ribs hurt for about a week and a 1/2. Sucks getting old!
Old October 31st, 2018, 05:52 PM

On the bright side, now you have a great story for your grand kids about how you made yourself take a holiday!
Old October 31st, 2018, 07:41 PM

everydays a holiday, im retired