General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

York U.S. 30 Dragway Reunion

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM

York U.S. 30 Dragway Reunion

OK guys and gals, the big York U.S. 30 reunion is just around the corner, actually next weekend. Boy, where did the first half of 2012 go???
I hope many of you can attend and ask if you do, to please stop by the "Anderson Olds '69 W-31" and say "Hi". If we haven't met, feel free to introduce yourself; if we have let's share some stories and laughs. I'm always eager to talk to the Oldsmobile fraternity---it is like a strong bond, at least for me anyway.
I'll be setting up with another Nostalgia Oldsmobile and perhaps two more. My close friend Wayne Shipley is bringing his AWESOME '66 442 with "City Olds" lettering and we wil be "pitted" together (should be easy to find us). And if things work out, another friend, Ron McHugh, will be with us with his outstanding '70 442 W-30 4speed Conv., the former "Lubik Olds" racer.
I look forward to meeting some new friends and saying "Hello"to evryone who stops by. It should be a fun time for all!!!
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:43 AM

C'mon everybody! Somebody besides me has to like vintage drag cars and a good muscle car show! Linda Vaughn, Arnie Beswick, Jon Lundgren, and a host of others will be there. The race cars will be in an air conditioned hall (actually two halls) and the muscle car show and cruise-in will be just outside. Lots to see and do.