General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

YEARONE.com

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2008, 07:29 PM
71'OldsCutty

Thumbs up YEARONE.com

YEARONE.com is a website i recently found that has alot of great parts, this site along with fusick.com just to pass on to anyone who might not know.....i personally will be buying my trunk floor off of here...
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Year One is just one of the many sites where you can get "licensed" GM reproduction parts. B4 you buy, check out the others. It's amazing, the same parts can be 20% variance from place to place. When I'm doing a large order I buy the best price from all of them. I found that even with each company charging shipping it is cheaper to do it that way than just going with one supplier.
Check out Parts Place, Original Parts Group, Fusicks, Tamraz, H&H Reproductions, Thorntons, Supercars Unlimited, Dr. Decal to name a few. There's a thread on this site about BAP (Brothers Automotive Parts) I DO NOT recommend them based on personal dealings. Seems like a lot of other members agree that it's a stay away from kind of place even though they sell Olds parts.
Stay ++ on that ride of yours.
Old July 29th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Registered

I remember when Year One was a little place in Georgia with only phone and mail orders and was the only place you could get any resto parts, used to have lots of NOS parts too. If you order from them online use the 10% discount code, can be found at those discount code places online or they send you a post card with the code if you have ordered before, extra10 was the latest one. Most common mechanical parts can be found at regular parts stores, I like Napa locally and Rock Auto online. My latest favorite is USA Parts Supply, they have a lot of obscure parts and good prices, not a real fancy site which I like personally, some of those sites are really ridiculous to navigate. I agree with Allan R's list, you have to be careful with all of them though, research and word of mouth is invaluable.

http://www.usapartssupply.com/

Allan H.
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:34 AM

There are alot of good places to order from. I have ordered from Fusick and Kanter before and they both have excellent service. I also like Summit for general performance parts.

We need to have Joe or Oldsguy start a sticky post which lists all of the good suppliers people have. I know I have a list of at least 20 or 30 websites I keep handy for ordering parts, etc.
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
1964 dynamatic rag

exel list

Can somone put togetether a list with sites, phone numbers, types of parts they are best known for ect... Wait a min. sounds like it wouild be somthing I would be good at starting and ask you-all to hel pfill it in with your experiences. Give me a few days, I'm swamped right now, and I;ll take a stab at it

Jody
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:03 PM
same but different

Fusicks #1 in my book for my make and model. They make a lot of parts the other guys sell. You might as well cut out the middle man and go directly there for their items.

I've had mostly good experinces with other venders. I will only say beware of backordered items. Consider that a red flag. This could mean items drop shipped from other suppliers. Don't let anyone charge you for backorderd items until they ship or instead, order it from someone else.

I'm not paraniod, just highly cautious. Buyer beware, do your homework.
Old July 30th, 2008, 04:41 AM

I live near Year One and used to buy a good deal from them but Fusick [which is a million miles from here] is a much better source. When you're speaking with someone at Year One, chances are he knows more about Chebbies than Olds IMHO
Old July 30th, 2008, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by don71
Fusicks #1 in my book for my make and model. They make a lot of parts the other guys sell. You might as well cut out the middle man and go directly there for their items.

........ Don't let anyone charge you for backorderd items until they ship or instead, order it from someone else.
Two great points there!
The latter one indicates you probably used "brother's"...

The best thing is to get a catalog from all these places.
Some places carry odd-ball parts the others may not. It may even depend on what model and year car you are buying for.
Some parts (like option repros in particular), the prices can be significantly different.
Case in point:
-Trunk light assy for 72 CS. Place 'A' was 120. Place 'B' was 45.
-Hood latch lock for 72CS. Place 'A' was 229 for the whole kit. Place 'B' was 119 for the kit.
-Rally Pac repro for 72CS. Place 'C' was 600. Place 'D' was 450.
Now I am happy to report that place 'B' happened to be Fusick and 'D' was the Parts place.

It does pay do your homework.
Most of these parts come from the same factories anyway.

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; July 30th, 2008 at 05:42 AM.
Old July 30th, 2008, 05:55 AM

Most of these parts come from the same factories anyway.
Yeah, I bet most of those factories are in K-Block-A-Stan and they use a 100% pure Chinesium alloy for their castings and forgings.
Old July 30th, 2008, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Yeah, I bet most of those factories are in K-Block-A-Stan and they use a 100% pure Chinesium alloy for their castings and forgings.
Unfortunately, much of this stuff IS labeled as made in China...
It's a sad fact - the more restoration you do on a car the more you turn it into a #@*!% import!
Old July 30th, 2008, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Unfortunately, much of this stuff IS labeled as made in China...
It's a sad fact - the more restoration you do on a car the more you turn it into a #@*!% import!
So the moral is

Recycle as much as you can
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM
71'OldsCutty

lol , well its always good to have this forum i have learned so much and im pretty sure just about any thing i wanted to do for my olds i could come on here and i could get a detailed instruction on how to do it, so i say you wanna know about an olds goto ...CLASSICOLDSMOBILE best source in the world
Old July 30th, 2008, 04:25 PM
71'OldsCutty

http://spideraccessories.stores.yahoo.net/index.html
Old July 30th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Registered

If you do order from Year One they just sent me a flyer, 15% off on internet only sales on Sundays except for discount exempt items. Enter SUNDAYS in the promo code box.

Allan
Old October 21st, 2008, 02:17 PM

Hey! Whatever happened to the good suppliers' list? I know I could add a few to a "Bad $%%^%$#" suppliers list!
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Bunser
Hey! Whatever happened to the good suppliers' list? I know I could add a few to a "Bad $%%^%$#" suppliers list!
Interesting. I know which ones I would go with; it's at the top of this post.

Maybe we need a post of which suppliers have given poor service or low quality products. Just be careful to state that this is your opinion based on your experience with them. Everyone is entitled to have and share an opinion. This is a very delicate subject that everyone needs to be politically careful about how you leave information. What do you think?
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:15 AM

Brothers Automotive

What is the negatiive concerning Brothers. I have bought from them with no problems. I was looking to replace my carb on my 69 442, they were the only ones I found that offered the exact original carb at a good price. It was stamped with the oem number exactly as my original one was. they also had my exhaust manifold that I could not find anywhere else. the 69 exhaust manifold is different from all others. others will fit but not be exact,due to the heat riser in the one manifold. I belive that is what it is called. I really like Fusicks.I use them as well
Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:14 AM

Look over this post. Keep in mind the title could be a little misleading...

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-supplier.html

I am glad you had no negative with that place, but many on this list have. It is just a matter of time.............
That is the only supplier that has earned a dark rep that I know of.

Now products themselves are in a class by themselves, like the poor CAS radios...
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
........ the only supplier that has earned a dark rep .........
Mondello seems to be one, according to what I've read on the Internet.

No problems. I only bought 4 or 5 items from Joe, when I needed them (my regular suppliers would have had to order them) the same day.

Stopped doing business with him, when he moved out of the area.

Norm