General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What's the best Ebay waterproof car cover?

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2011, 05:16 PM

What's the best Ebay waterproof car cover?

Hey Guys

Purchased a 67 C/S Convertible.Garage is out of the question this year.
I purchased a car cover on Ebay for 67.00 that said it was 5 layer.Waterproof and the whole 9 yards.Boy was I glad to put that sucker on before the all night rain storm we had.And Man was I relieved to wake up in the morning knowing that It was a beautiful feeling and sight to see it on my 67 C/S Convertible.
Until I lifted it up to see all my windows fogged up,every part of the car wet,a puddle on my floor board , water in the trunk,Top soaking wet,etc. I will not give the name of the Ebay seller but will tell you the brand name(only because I want to know if anyone else has a good or bad opinion."Auto Armour" I'm not saying it is a bad brand.But that I have had a bad experience here.It obviously is not waterproof.(At least the one I purchased)But now I'm very suspicious about every single car cover seller on ebay.With "Ultrasonic" and "Nanosonic" technology.Now I'm reading that the "newer" tech is "tech Nylon and pvc" What's up with all that? and Who has the expertise here.
Your opinions and recommendations please.And Thank you.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:15 PM

Not a big car cover fan myself, as truth is, these need to breath or mold could build up. Moisture and dust's going to build up anyway, and really more for storage UV protection. Any kind of overhead shelter's really the best way, as winds cause covers to flop, and even scratch.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by MudEye
Hey Guys

Purchased a 67 C/S Convertible.Garage is out of the question this year.
I purchased a car cover on Ebay for 67.00 that said it was 5 layer.Waterproof and the whole 9 yards.Boy was I glad to put that sucker on before the all night rain storm we had.And Man was I relieved to wake up in the morning knowing that It was a beautiful feeling and sight to see it on my 67 C/S Convertible.
Until I lifted it up to see all my windows fogged up,every part of the car wet,a puddle on my floor board , water in the trunk,Top soaking wet,etc. I will not give the name of the Ebay seller but will tell you the brand name(only because I want to know if anyone else has a good or bad opinion."Auto Armour" I'm not saying it is a bad brand.But that I have had a bad experience here.It obviously is not waterproof.(At least the one I purchased)But now I'm very suspicious about every single car cover seller on ebay.With "Ultrasonic" and "Nanosonic" technology.Now I'm reading that the "newer" tech is "tech Nylon and pvc" What's up with all that? and Who has the expertise here.
Your opinions and recommendations please.And Thank you.
As Deltapace77 said, it's gotta breath. If your car was dry when you lifted the cover, then you should worry. It seems your problem is not the cover, but the seals on your car. A car cover is not a garage. It will allow water (in a good rain storm) to get through, but the most important part? It will allow water to evaporate and that is what you want. You don't water pooling and promoting rust. Otherwise, we'd all save a few bucks and buy plastic tarps.

I have an "Evolution 4" car cover. It's the same material used by Covercraft and California Car Cover covers. I haven't heard of Auto Armour but that doesn't mean it's not good. If it is 3 or more layers and is equivalent to the brands I mentioned above then you got a good deal, nothing to worry about in my opinion.

DSC_4923.jpg

DSC_4924.jpg

Last year -'cause this year we don't have any snow...

DSC_6411.jpg
Old December 24th, 2011, 08:09 AM

I have been looking for a new car cover and found this one on ebay. Does this look like a good quality car cover?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170586346658...84.m1423.l2649
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by 70olds455
I have been looking for a new car cover and found this one on ebay. Does this look like a good quality car cover?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170586346658...84.m1423.l2649

In my opinion, for the price, this is a good deal if everything stated is true. Perhaps you can ask the seller for a good picture of the product. Good luck.