General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What do you know about these people? Gateway

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2014, 02:26 PM

What do you know about these people? Gateway

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/home

These people contacted me about my Rallye 350. I assumed they wanted to consign it. We talked for a very short time before i told him I was not interested in them selling my car and that i could do it myself without any trouble. He was very nice and politely ask if we could still talk about the car and I agreed. He said since i am not interested in having them sell my car he wanted to give me some advice. He said i am to low on my price that it should sell very fast. This is why they were interested in consigning it. We talked for about 10 minutes and I felt he was very honest with me and give me good advice.

I was just wondering if anyone had experience with them from the buyers side and if they were as nice?
Old February 7th, 2014, 02:41 PM

No experience, but their Indy location is ~ 10 mins from me. Lemme know and I'll go poke around !

A thought... If they really think your price is way too low, tell 'em you'll let them buy it for your asking price..... Then they can mark it up & sell it as they want...(!)
Old February 8th, 2014, 01:46 PM

do you really need help selling? i mean they offer financing, but, they take a hunk of the profit, and you pay rent i believe til its sold..ive heard horror stories about brokers..(not these people)...i dunno..i think you could sell it yourself...

ebay it..let people outside of the US bid..youd be surprised..i thnk you could sell it quickley...just be clear about the rules you want, and payment etc...id rater control the sale of my property than give it to strangers
Old February 8th, 2014, 01:50 PM

I am not going to let them sell it for me. I was just surprised how nice and honest he was. Maybe that was only because he knew I was not interested. It will be headed to ebay soon if the current guy interested don't buy it.

Thanks,
Old February 8th, 2014, 03:58 PM

I agree let them give you asking price they can mark it up and resell. You ask me he was on a fishing trip. I trust no salesman
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:53 PM
morgan

And make sure the doors to barn/garage are locked