General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What Became of Schurkey?

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2022 | 03:57 PM

What Became of Schurkey?

Was looking through an old thread and realized I haven’t seen him post in quite some time, turns out it’s just under a year. Anyone know what has become of him? I miss his insight.

​​​​​​….
Old March 31st, 2022 | 04:12 PM

He's still around, he posts on the Buick site now and then. He just responded to a post on there a day or so ago. My guess is he got irked by someone here. I notice a lot of guys on these sites aren't posting or logging in, but they're still watching. Myself included...
Old March 31st, 2022 | 04:36 PM

He seems to be on just about every automotive related forum on the web. I could only guess he ping pongs between them all.. lord only knows if he actually owns a classic, but he is sure willing to offer his opinion on how you're fixing your car!
Old October 1st, 2023 | 12:42 AM

Well, crap. Perhaps I screwed-up. (I was sent a link to this thread by a guy on another forum.)

I got out of the Olds forums for three reasons.
1. My attitude was deteriorating, and that shouldn't happen. I didn't want it to affect the other folks on the forum.
2. My interest in my '66 Toronado kinda went away when I figured-out that the rear of the car was structurally unsound from excessive rust. Shouldn't be driven, there's not enough steel holding up the back-end of the leaf springs. I still have it, hasn't run in two years, hasn't been driven in seven.
3. Recognition of too many Olds forum members bickering.

I spend most of my time on other GM-marque forums, Pontiac, Buick, sometimes Cadillac, and several "Chevy"-related, most-commonly gmt400.com which supports '88--98 (a few to Y2K) pickups, Suburbans, Tahoes, etc. I have a presence on other automotive forums that are essentially "dead"; GM W-body, etc.

I hadda change my classicoldsmobile.com password (forgot the original, it's on another computer that has hard-drive problems.)

So maybe I'll lurk and see what happens. Might motivate me to chase out the mice, throw in a battery, and fire up the Toro so the cylinders don't rust. (Hopefully they haven't rusted already...)

Last edited by Schurkey; October 1st, 2023 at 12:44 AM.
Old October 1st, 2023 | 03:42 AM

Welcome back- I hope you stay.
Old October 1st, 2023 | 10:25 AM
Past Administrator

Good to see you back here. Do not get discouraged over the Toro, it is so easy to get that way and I think most of use have been there at some time or the other but keep on keeping on.
Old October 1st, 2023 | 07:00 PM

Oh, yeah. Reason #4 (and something of a continuation of #1) that I went away:

Complaints about my former "signature" content; which was propagandized by our Government to be false, but has essentially been proven true, and acknowledged as such by at least some within the Federal cesspool.
Old October 1st, 2023 | 08:02 PM

Glad you are back.