General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Wagner (Federal-Mogul) TOP NOTCH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM

Thumbs up Wagner (Federal-Mogul) TOP NOTCH!!!!

I thought I would post the most pleasant experience with a part problem that I have had in about 30 years:
I did a rear brake job on my 1999 Ford F150 a few years ago. Purchased the top of the line Wagner brake shoes and drums. I also installed new hardware as well.
No issue for 25,000 miles until about a month ago. I went to apply the brakes, and the ABS system went crazy, alternately locking up the two front wheels in a On/Off pattern. It was really scary.
I stopped the truck, and then stated to go. The brakes seemed normal, as they did for the majority of the ride home...until I was coming off the highway exit, and the same thing happened. Thankfully, this was on a Friday.
Saturday morning, I pulled the front wheels, and found nothing wrong. There was no ABS light, no leaks anywhere, and the fluid level was fine.
Due to my work schedule, I was not able to pull the rear drums off and inspect. I took it to my local shop, and when the drums where pulled, the driver side friction material had come off the metal shoe. It wiped out the other shoe, and damaged the hardware and wheel cylinder.
I called Federal -Mogul, and they told me to pack up the brake shoes and send them in.
A week later I got a call, and they reimbursed me 100% of the repairs...and the shoes were out of warranty.
That is why I will be a faithful Federal-Mogul customer for life.