General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Trailer stolen in Morrow GA

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2010, 10:15 AM
It's a sickness!

Angry Trailer stolen in Morrow GA

The security cameras show 2 black guys in a pre- 1999 green or brown Suburban.

Please keep an eye out for my trailer. Rat bastards stole it at 3am last Thursday from Morrow Georgia.

It's a 2010 Pace American 24' Pursuit. Long tongue, aluminum rims, (2)6000# axles, extra 6" in height, insulated walls, 110V power, Metal interior walls and laminate floors with diamond plate ramp.

The "D" rings are stainless swivel 6000#. You will notice these are larger than most normally seen. Inside was a full set of MAC's PRO tiedowns in the color blue. Just glad I didn’t have one of the cars in there.

Right below the license plate it has chrome lettering that says TOYAHAULER. They may peel the letters off, but they could think it’s a factory label and keep it on.

Just glad I didn’t have one of the cars in there.

Do not bother buying the Reese tongue lock..... it doesn’t work.

The trailer was only a few months old. Here’s a couple pictures.

Old October 31st, 2010, 10:34 AM

Sorry for your loss of the very nice trailer. Know how you feel. Couple of brothers stole our '92 Custom Cruiser two years ago; we found it two months later. They took it from a Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) parking lot the day I left it there to go to the VA Hospital on the train. Never make that mistake again. Police said probably a group got off the train, and the bus wasn't there, and they were in a hurry??????? Just don't understand that thinking, at all. When found, the driver/passenger seats all the way back, all the way down, and tilted all the way back....dead giveaway. Broken rear window, bunch of tools stolen, water damage, steering column broken, etc. etc. etc. Would have L-O-V-E-D to walk up on that situation.......IYKWIM. Police were not overly concerned about the theft. I was livid!
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:18 AM
It's a sickness!

Trying to stay calm, but it's really getting to me. Just keep telling meself it could have been worse. The 442 could have been in there or I could have walked up on it and been in jail waiting for bail.

Just went for the "needle in a haystack" drive. All this does is get me wound up again.
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:41 PM

Damn I hate thieves. They almost never get caught and when they do there out the next day. Cops don't have time or budgets to chase these bastards down. I say shoot on site.
The best chance of recovery I hear is to install GPS trackers on our cars and trailers. Well hidden then you might stand a chance of getting something back. I was over on the HAMB site recently and they've had quite a few theft posting lately. Hope you have luck in getting your trailer back.
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:50 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Sorry for the low lifes of the world getting some of your stuff.......How did they get the lock off? would bolt cutters get thru that? Torch? Hack saw?.........Maybe a chain thru a axle would be better or just slow them down some.........Jerr
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:12 PM

Sorry about your loss - - -
Funny though, just a couple hours ago, I saw a "boot" type lock a friend uses for his trailers, as he's had a couple stolen also!
Fits around the tire, tight and hooks onto the wheel! He paid $125 at a tire store!
Might be a PIA in the rain, but well worth it, in my opinion!
Works on cars, too!!
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:38 PM
It's a sickness!

Originally Posted by Rickman48
Sorry about your loss - - -
Funny though, just a couple hours ago, I saw a "boot" type lock a friend uses for his trailers, as he's had a couple stolen also!
Fits around the tire, tight and hooks onto the wheel! He paid $125 at a tire store!
Might be a PIA in the rain, but well worth it, in my opinion!
Works on cars, too!!
Hmmmm.... What is the brand name? I need one of those.
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:39 PM

Dirtbags !

Your doing the right thing by reaching out to a larger audience and getting the word out. Hopefully the Sheriff / Police in your area are proactive and make a solid effort to track your trailer down. They know better than anyone where all the dirtbags are and the dope houses are.

Best thing you can do is arm them with good photos and discuss a reward. Sometimes the Cops have a group of informants that can identify the two dummy's you have on video. 100.00 to some street informant goes a long way.

It is not uncommon to expect a second visit from the same bad guys. They know you have quality stuff and also the car that goes in the trailer. They may have been scoping the place out prior to the theft. Be prepared ! Did you have any spare house or car keys in the trailer when it was stolen ?

Also, your trailer may have been disguised by now with spray paint, switched plates, etc. and they may have it advertised on Craigslist in a neighboring City or State.

I hope you get your trailer back just the way it was when it was stolen and I hope the bad guys get whats coming to them.....
Old October 31st, 2010, 09:57 PM

I'll try to find out - I just noticed what it was - not the name!!
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:22 AM

I'll keep an eye out for ya-Sorry
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:31 AM

This has become a huge problem over the past few years. I have heard of this on other sites as well. Quite a few happen when a guy trailers his car to an overnight car show. The thugs hook up to the trailer. This way the get a nice trailer, and nicer car. Because of this I do not go to a car show where I have to leave the car outside over night. I don't even leave the garage door open anymore, because peeps cruise the neighborhood to see if there is anything worth coming back for. I hope they found the guys who did this, and you get the trailer back.
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:40 AM

Just take the wheels off!
Old November 1st, 2010, 06:41 AM
It's a sickness!

Originally Posted by BIGJERR
Sorry for the low lifes of the world getting some of your stuff.......How did they get the lock off? would bolt cutters get thru that? Torch? Hack saw?.........Maybe a chain thru a axle would be better or just slow them down some.........Jerr
The shank on the lock was stainless and I didn't see any shavings like they used a saw. The security camera didn't indicate they used a torch. Maybe it can be busted with a sledge hammer. That would be kind of loud... you would think. Cameras showed it took 15 minutes for the whole operation. They must have big ***** to stick around for that long trying to get it hooked up.

I just keep telling myself, it could have been worse. Still doesn't help!
Old November 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM

Bet they got the information off the internet on how to defeat the lock. If you look around a little there are several posts on how to defeat car door locks, steering wheel locks, all kinds of ideas on how to steal things. Crooks helping crooks. Oh what fun, these days you need a 10' fence with razor wire, big mean dog, shotgun, lots and lots of motion sensor lights, loud alarms. Did I mention shotgun................
Old November 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM

could have been way worse, though that doesn't make it any easier, hopefully you had insurance and in the end you or any of your family members didn't get hurt, sick or killed over it. I know you feel violated for a very long time when something gets stolen and think about all the things you "could have done" but just be glad about what you didn't do and what they didn't get.
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:16 PM

so the usual suspects then
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:31 PM

Sorry for your loss. Is there any way you can post the footage from the security camara ? Might have a better chance of nailing them when that hits the internet. Especially if you offer a small reward.
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM
It's a sickness!

Originally Posted by stevengerard
could have been way worse, though that doesn't make it any easier, hopefully you had insurance and in the end you or any of your family members didn't get hurt, sick or killed over it. I know you feel violated for a very long time when something gets stolen and think about all the things you "could have done" but just be glad about what you didn't do and what they didn't get.
Thanks for the words... actually made us feel a little better.
Don't get me wrong... still pissed, but brought up a smile.