General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Syracuse Nationals

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2011, 07:55 AM

Syracuse Nationals

Hey all!

Anyone on here go to the show this past weekend? I won a "Right Coast Association Rep's Choice" award with my Olds at a local car show and won free entry to put the car in so I was there all 3 days. It was a huge show! I've read about it online but had never been before. It's a 5-6 hour trek each way for me to get there but the car handled it like a champ.

I saw a few nice Oldsmobiles there and met a few other 64 F-85/Cutlass/442 Owners..

Just curious whether anyone else went and what they thought. Over 7500 registered show cars and over 86,000 spectators...
Old July 21st, 2011, 08:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Congrats on your award Have any pics from the show?
Old July 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 1964CutlassSC
Hey all!

Anyone on here go to the show this past weekend? I won a "Right Coast Association Rep's Choice" award with my Olds at a local car show and won free entry to put the car in so I was there all 3 days. It was a huge show! I've read about it online but had never been before. It's a 5-6 hour trek each way for me to get there but the car handled it like a champ.

I saw a few nice Oldsmobiles there and met a few other 64 F-85/Cutlass/442 Owners..

Just curious whether anyone else went and what they thought. Over 7500 registered show cars and over 86,000 spectators...
I only live 45 minutes away & I didn't make it. I usually go for Saturday morning & do a quick run through (quick takes about 5 hours). It's a huge show. I heard that they had a couple hundred cars just in the "for sale" corral area. Usually there are about 25 cars there.

I have a few friends with Hot Rods (32 Franklin, 40 Chevy, etc) that make the trek from Boston every year. I just can't spend 3 days sitting around. I don't think I'll ever bring my car there.
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM

Here's all the Oldsmobiles I was able to get pictures of. There were tons more but I just ran out of time to get them all..

Not sure why my car looks so green! Camera must have overcompensated. Most say it looks black until it's in the light..

Old July 21st, 2011, 12:53 PM

This car has been for sale at the Syracuse Nationals for the last three or four years. I don't see a "for sale" sign on it. I wonder if someone finally bought it.

There's usually a 69 Hurst and 68 442 4 speed convertible togther in one of the inside barns. The owner is a member of a local car club. The 69 Hurst has around 25,000 miles on it. The 68 442 is identical to mine.
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM

You got a great spot. You must have got there early to get by a tree. Your car looks great. Next time post BEFORE you go & it will give me some incentive to go
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by allyolds68
You got a great spot. You must have got there early to get by a tree. Your car looks great. Next time post BEFORE you go & it will give me some incentive to go
Sorry about that Mike! I was supposed to go down with a buddy too but he backed out at the last minute so I went solo! I'll for sure post here early next time.

Thanks for the compliment on the car! Not the best picture of it but the spot allowed me to show it off pretty good. Had tons of people traffic stopping to look at it.

You don't want to know what time I left the hotel downtown to get in line to get a good spot (not that I knew how parking worked or anything - I figured it out after Friday having to park in a wide open paved parking lot in the heat). I left at 4:25am and was in line just before 5am along with several hundred others..

Craig
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the great pics.

A bunch of people from here always head to Syracuse. I went to a cruise night here during the Syracuse time frame and there were only half the number of cars there. I have been wanting to go for a few years, but the Delta is 3 years too new to be allowed in.

I was hoping to have my Cutlass finished and I was going to take it to Syracuse this summer but it didn't happen.

Next year!