General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Spraypainted my car, got a second hand holley, and two tires

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

Spraypainted my car, got a second hand holley, and two tires

It's been a busy week, I cleaned off most of the glue from my vinyl top, sanded and spraypainted my car, got two 215/70R15's for the front, and bought a second hand Holley four barrel of some kind. I really don't know which it is, guy claimed it was a double pumper, but he didn't know much about them. It is, in fact, NOT a double pumper, that much I do know for certain. It runs my car like a bat out of hell, supposed to be a 750CFM, but I dunno about that either, all I know is that I got a screaming Holley 4bbl, holley drop base air cleaner, and fuel line for $150, two barely used Goodyear tires for $35, $73 mounted and balanced, and I spraypainted my car. What's free time?

Note: The new tires are not installed in the pictures, still got the old Goodyear LT 215/75R15 and Cooper 215/75R15 white wall.

So yeah, now I can get a adapter for the '79 and use the Summit on it, I like the Holley more than the Holley-with-summit's-name-on-it, I need to uncover the vacuum port for my PCV hose, but the engine runs fine with out it for now I suppose. All in all, good week I suppose. Gotta do some touch ups on the '77 tomorrow, get the front end painted and put back together, and do a few other odds and ends.

The list keeps getting shorter it seems, shocks for the rear of the '77, tires for the '79, shocks for the '79 (They've been replaced but one is leaking on the front passengers side), few other odds and ends and I'll have the '79 on the road and the '77 done for now. Don't even ask me how much I've got tied up in my '77, or how much will be tied up in the '79...
Old May 16th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Reminds me of my HS days. All my paint jobs were rattle can primer.
Old May 16th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Reminds me of my HS days. All my paint jobs were rattle can primer.
Sounds like the parking lot where I went to school. I got tired of looking at the gold, and I needed to clean the glue off my roof, no sense in driving around in a partially spraypainted car.
Old May 17th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

So I found out the Holley is indeed a 750, it's the same as this according to the numbers:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...parts/0-80508S

And, I put the front end of my car mostly back together, still got the fillers to deal with, that can wait though. And I got a couple pictures of the Holley and the junkyard-fresh tires:

Old May 24th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

More spraypainting madness happened yesterday evening.

Sorry I only got two pictures, the camera suddenly decided it's battery was dead.