General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

SMS Door Panels Order Now if You Need

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2021, 06:14 AM

SMS Door Panels Order Now if You Need

Just got this mail from SMS.... As some know they reproduce obscure, non off the shelf door panels. Quality is good wait time is VERY long. I had them do a set of 67 Sport Coupe panels years ago, wait was 8 months. Just got a set of PUI panels for another 67 Sport Coupe, the lesser quality is obvious with the construction.

Dear SMS customers,

Due to the on-again, off-again nature of COVID restrictions implemented by our state's governor, and the ongoing nationwide worker shortage, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily stop taking new door panel orders until we can work through our backlog of existing orders.

September 15th will be the last day we will take door panel orders for the near future. If you would like to get an order for door panels started before September 15th, info@smsautofabrics.com?subject=Re%3...0door%20panels, or give us a call at 503-263-3535 to place your order.
Old September 2nd, 2021, 07:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Joe! I peeked at their site, and only saw complete interior, carpet, or vinyl. Do you have to call for just door panels? They're sounding expensive, already!
Old September 2nd, 2021, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by fleming442
Thanks for the heads up, Joe! I peeked at their site, and only saw complete interior, carpet, or vinyl. Do you have to call for just door panels? They're sounding expensive, already!
They can do just door panels, the ones for the post cars though require a heat stamping to reproduce fake stitching and indents and that's why I went with them as they were the only source I was aware of for my red 67. For the non post cars I believe Legendary produces a quality product at a lesser price. I believe it could cost a G for the door panels from SMS...maybe more. When I got mine it was around 800.