General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Is this Show Winning 72 Incorrect?

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Aceshigh
Some people have to scrutinize and criticize too much or they just don't feel good about themselves.
amen. but at the same time, as much as i can't stand people picking apart a car, if you "restore" a car, you're asking for it. biggest reason i will never..... ever..... restore a car for myself. i will build a modified car for myself, though. a person might not like the way i did it, but they can't stand there and say i have the wrong grommet in my valve cover, or my master cylinder is the wrong color.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:18 AM

For what it's worth----I looked at my un-restored original 64k mile '72 Cutlass with power drum brakes and the master cylinder is raw unpainted steel and still has the sticker on the clip that holds the lid on. That car is very nice but not nice enough for ME to leave alone. I'm planning to upgrade some (most) of the front and rear suspension, install factory disc brakes, change from 2bbl to aluminum intake and Q-jet, dual exhaust (maybe coated headers), super-detail everything, and possibly aftermarket OAI hood, but leave the outside alone (except for the hood---has the "S" or 442 hood with grills but hood needs paint). I know "cars are only original once" but I already have just about everything I need and I don't feel bad about changing around a Cutlass. Oh yea I almost forgot-- I already changed from standard full wheel discs to SS1 with BFG white letters. I'll keep ya'll posted.